|| going on a quest ||

Connor

"So what did Aphrodite lose?" I asked.

"Piper McLean." Chiron sighed. "You probably know her from when she spends her time here at Camp Half-Blood. When she and her boyfriend were on their way to visit Camp Jupiter, apparently she was kidnapped."

"What?! Piper's been kidnapped?" Ashton questioned.

"Yes. We believe it was by some hungry Cyclopes, but we aren't exactly sure. Time is of the essence."

"Where do we start?" I questioned, my voice full of worry.

"Little Rock, Colorado. That's where they were seen last."

"Is Jason with her?" Ashton asked.

"We're not exactly sure." Chiron was looking even more worried.

"Okay, so typically 3 demigods go on a quest. Who's coming with us?" I question.

"No one. Aphrodite specifically asked for you two to go, and no one else. It's a very strange situation though." Chiron replied.

"Right. I guess we should go get packing?" I sigh.

"Yes. Head to your cabins, and leave in less then an hour." Chiron told us.

"Sure." Ashton turned to meet my eyes. "Meet you at the lake in 30, after packing?"

"See you there."

"Oh, and one more thing." Chiron said. "I would appreciate it if you didn't tell the others where you are going."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ashton

I found it strange how Chiron didn't want us to tell the others where we were going, but I left it at that. Chiron knew what he was doing. I hope.

As I ran back to the cabin, all I could think of was how Connor and I were going on a quest. Alone. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

When I reached my cabin, I ran in and started packing, hardly noticing the worried look Percy was giving me.

"Where are you going?" He said.

"Not allowed to tell. Chiron's orders."

"What?!" He hissed. "Watch out for Connor. I think he might like you." He told me and I halted.

"What?! Connor? Oh, please no." I lie.

"Whatever. Who's the third person coming with?"

"No one. We were specifically requested to go."

"Okay. That's not okay!"

"Perce - it'll be fine." He pulled me into a hug.

"You got this." We stood there for a little while longer, until I came back to reality and realized how much I still had to pack. I stuffed all my stuff into 1 bag, and headed for the lake. Trying to avoid saying goodbye to Percy.

When I reached the lake, I jumped in. I willed the water to let me stay dry, and just breathed. I thought about the quest coming at me, trying to calm myself down. At least Connor would be with me. And with that thought I saw two feet dangle into the water. I figured it was probably Connor, so I swam up, knowing that we needed to leave.

When I surfaced, Connor was sitting on the dock, feet dangling in the water.

"Hey Con. You ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah." He turned towards me. "Whoa, what?! You're dry?"

"Poseidon thing. Let's get moving." I pulled myself up on the dock, and grabbed my bag. I hoped we would make it back.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey! OMYWORD! 240+ VIEWS, AND 39 VOTES?! Thanks so much ppl!!!!

So whatcha think?!!?! I hope you like it :)

Don't forget to...

Comment!

Vote!

Keeeeeeep Readinggggg!!!

ttyl,

chb0952

Edited: 6-1-17