Chapter 5: The First Night

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS, THEY BELONG TO THE VERY TALENTED VERONICA ROTH.

As soon as we enter Four disappears somewhere into the crowd of people cloaked in black. Christina and I exchanged a look before we begin walking through the packed room to try and find a table where we could claim a seat.

"Tris!" Someone shouts causing my head to turn in the direction the bellow came from. I focus my eyes in the crowd to see Uriah waving us over to where he is seated with a few others. I drag Christina in that direction until we reached the table in  the center of the room.
"Hey Uriah." I say with a wave before looking around the table. At the table is Four, a boy who looks identical to Uriah, a girl next to him and two other girls next to Uriah.
"Let me introduce you." Uriah offers sitting back down between his look alike and one of the three girls. "You guys already know the deadly Four, across from him is Shauna the practical one of the group. Next to her is my big bro the idiotic Ezekiel. Then there's me the most amazing of them all. Next to me is the beautiful Marlene, and lastly there's Lynn, Shauna's little sister and the groups badass babe." He continues and they all nod, wave, or smile at us.
"Call me a babe again and I'll shoot you." Lynn hisses throwing a roll at Uriah hitting him in the face.
"Ow, don't damage my precious face." Urish whines rubbing his nose. "Anyways, guys this is Tris and Chris." Uriah finishes bringing the smile back to his face and motioning for us to sit.
"It's actually Christina." Christina corrects as we sit, her next to me and me beside Four.
"But Christina is too long, and Chris and Tris rhyme," Uriah whines childishly adding a pout for affect.
"And Uriah isn't, or Marlene, or Ezekiel?" Chris counters with an eye roll.
"Well I go by Zeke, Uriah gets called Uri, and Marlene, Mar." Zeke explains pointing to each as he speaks. Chris mumbled a 'whatever' before grabbing herself some food from the center of the table. On the table there are these weird round meat things in between two pieces of oddly shaped bread. I pick it up and look at it curiously.
"It's a hamburger, beef." Four whispers to me putting his hand on my lower back to lean in closer to me. "You'll like it, put this on it." He pulls away and hands me a small bowl with something red and liquidy, yet thick at the same time. I smell it causing him to let out a deep rumbling laugh before I pour the red stuff on the hamburger and bring it to my mouth for a bite.
"Well?" He asked between chuckles.
"You were right, it is good." I nod with a smile taking another bite. "And don't laugh at my inexperience with Dauntless food." I scold through a swallow and send him a glare.
"Have you never had a burger before?" Chris baffles.
"No, Abnegation only eat plain food. It's considered selfish to spoil yourself with extravagant things." I answer plainly as if quoting a textbook.
"Well in that case, you have to try some Dauntless cake." Uri mumbles with a mouth full of chocolate and frosting. "But not mine." He adds quickly picking up his plate.
"Fine." I say grabbing my fork and taking a spoonful from Four's plate. Everyone stares at me with their jaws dropped as I pull my fork from my mouth.
"Hey! What made you think I wanted to share." Four scolds glaring at me, but I can tell by the twitch of his mouth that he's trying not to smile.
"You must have a death wish." Christina mumbles and I smile
"Careful Tris, Four would kill to defend his cake." Zeke says.
"Psh." I wave him off. "I'm not scared of Four." I chuckle smirking at Four earning one in return.
"Oh you should be." he states throwing me in a headlock and ruffling my hair like he would when we were kids and our parents weren't looking. The entire time I just giggled uncontrollably until he let me go and I pat down my frizzy hair. He just went back to eating with a smirk playing on his lips.
"Ok, I'm gonna be the first to ask, are you two a thing or something?" Marlene speaks up causing Four to choke on his food and me to burst into a fit of laughter.
"Well are you?" Shauna asks and I shake my head looking at Four. He gives me a subtle nod and I turn to face everyone else.
"He's my brother." I laugh and they all looked completely stunned making me laugh harder.
"No way, you guys don't even look alike." Chris states. It's true. Tobias is tall, I'm not, he has dark hair, I have blond. His eyes look like a night sky where mine look like a stormy gray one, but it's all because I look like our mother, and he looks like our father.
"I guess I got all the good looks." Tobias smirks earning a slap from me, but I can't help but chuckle with the others.