Chapter 20: Challenges

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN DIVERGENT, THAT BELONGS TO THE VERY TALENTED VERONICA ROTH.

I feel a gentle shake pulling me out of my deep slumber.

"Christina, leave me alone." I groan and roll over to face the opposite direction. I hear a deep chuckle that could only belong to one person. I roll back over and wrap my arms around him, nuzzling my face into his neck.

"Come on Tris, you gotta wake up now." He whispers soothingly in my ear pressing a kiss to the skin below my ear.

"Just five more minutes, I don't want it to end" I mumble into his shoulder tightening my grip.

"I wish I could let you, but training starts soon." He sighs earning a groan from me. I peak open my eyes to see that he is fully dressed and gazing down at me. I nod softly and roll off his bed before shuffling my feet into his bathroom. I keep his sweats on, but throw on the plain black tank top I had under my shirt yesterday. I redo my ponytail and splash some water on my face, after brushing my teeth, then make my way down the stairs to find Eric sat on the couch. I walk in front of him, only to be pulled down into his lap. I wrap my arms around him and peck his cheek.

"Do you mind if I wear your sweats today?" I ask quietly and he smiles down at me.

"Not at all, they look better on you anyways." He smiles pressing his lips to my shoulder. I feel my cheeks heat slightly and a smile spreads over my face. "You wanna go get some breakfast?" He asks after a moment of peaceful silence. I nod and stand holding out my hand to help him up. He accepts it and we both go to slip on our shoes, before lacing our hands together as we exit through the door. We walk the first few corridors in silence. A comfortable silence, not an awkward one. I notice Zeke exit an apartment up ahead of us and drop Eric's hand. I look over with an apologetic look before stepping a few strides ahead of him.

"Zekey." I smile hugging him.

"Trissy." Zeke smiles picking me up and spinning me. "What are you doing here? " He asks and my smile falters a little.

"Um, I couldn't sleep so I went on a walk." I say softly.

"Ah, I see." He said scanning my body with his eyes. "You know, I saw something quite strange while working yesterday." Zeke says as we start walking, behind Eric now. "I was in the control room late last night when I saw some movement by The Net." He says casually and I could feel my palms sweating.

"Oh, really. What type of movement." I asked quietly.

"Don't play stupid, I saw you two getting all cozy." He growls, catching Eric's attention. I quickly pushed Zeke against the wall in pinning him with my arm across his throat.

"Tell anyone and you're dead." I hiss. "Actually you know, your mom and I have been getting quite close. I bet she has plenty of embarrassing story she would love to share with me." I smirked and see fear flashover his eyes.

"You wouldn't do that to your favorite cousin." He gulps.

"Do you really want to test me Ezekiel." I chuckle and he shakes his head. "Good." I tap his cheek softly before letting go of him. Eric laughs from a few feet away and I smile walking back up to him. He wraps his arm around my waist and we start walking again. "You coming Zeke?" I asked looking back at him seeing that he's still frozen in place. He mumbles a 'yeah whatever' before coming back up to stride with us.

"I don't approve of this." Zeke grumbles and I glance over at him.

"Ok." I say before looking forward again.

"That doesn't affect you at all, does it?" He rubs his face and I shake my head.

"Nope." I pop the P and Eric kisses my head earning a glare from my 'brother.' "Love you Zekey." I say innocently kissing his cheek.