Chapter 8: Eric's POV #1

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN DIVERGENT, THAT BELONGS TO THE VERY TALENTED VERONICA ROTH. 

The Net

"Late as always." Four groans as I make my way up the platform towards the net.

"At least I'm here." I growl rolling my eyes 

"Only due to Max's orders." He challenges and I turn to face him opening my mouth to speak only to be interrupted by someone falling into the Net in the seconds my eyes left it. There wasn't a single scream or anything, the only evidence that someone laid there was the slump of the Net and a small laugh that escaped their lips. Their laugh, soft and gentle, it almost doesn't belong. I look back to the Net and see a small pile of gray craddled in place. Four lifts his hand over the edge and I watch as the gray rags crawl closer to him before clutching onto his grasp and allowing him to pull them over the edge. She's small and Four just barely caught her before she made face first contact with the floor. Her blond hair almost glows and she lacks in height yet has something intriguing about her just from the way she landed, everyone screams, even the Dauntless born.

"Bea?" Four croaks out and she looks up locking eyes with him.

"Toby!" She breaths just above a whisper, her voice tangling with the wind from above as she jumps into his awaiting arms. I can't help but rack my brain for answers as to what in hell's name is happening, and who is this vibrant girl. I scuff with a roll of my eyes and Four instantly sets her down.

"Looks like you two aren't so stiff anymore 'Toby'." I smirk and the name this mystery girl gave to him. The instant the poisonous words leaves my lips her eyes snap towards me and I feel like I'm drowning in them. There a watery gray-blue and I can see a flash of anger go through them. This flash makes her eyes change instantly and it traps me. She's like no one I've ever seen.

"Well I guess there's a reason we left then." She hisses in a tone I've never expected from her. She shoots a deadly glare at me and I have to fight a smile. She's got quite a tongue too. I have this slight urge to push her, see if I can't earn the spark again.

"You got a feisty one, don't you Four?" I laugh a deadly laugh. How did he get her? "Well if I were you," I take an unconscious step in her direction "I'd watch who I snap at here." I lean closer to her and she actually stands taller. I wonder how far I could go before she backs down. I lean in more only to be pushed back by Four

"Leave her alone Eric." He hiss in a low, deadly tone stepping in front of me blocking the girl from me. I take another step closer and see his muscles tense before he gets pushed aside, but not from me, from the girl behind him, putting her between the two of us.

"I don't-" She growls, not at me, at him, only for him to interrupt her, causing her eyes to narrow in response.

"Beatrice don't." Four scolds. Beatrice, hmm, not very fitting for her.

"I don't need you to protect me and I sure as hell don't want to be called that." She growls and I smirk slightly, looks like she agrees with me. How is this girl from Abnegation? If it weren't for her cloths I would have placed her as one of us. She's a little spitfire and I admire that.

"Okay." Four sights. "What do you want to be called? Choose carefully you only get one chance to decide."

"Tris, my name is Tris." She proudly states raising her chin slightly. Tris, I like it. she starts to walk past me radiating power.

"Careful Tris, Four won't always be able to protect you here." And he sure as hell won't be able to keep me away.

"Good, because I don't need protection" She states almost factually leaving me standing there as if I didn't exist. However I do plan on letting her know I exist.