Chapter 25: Placement

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN DIVERGENT, THAT BELONGS TO THE VERY TALENTED VERONICA ROTH.  

I slowly pry myself from Four and move across the room, pushing my back into Eric's chest as he loops his arms around my waist.

"Can we stop by The Dorms so I can get some clothes then go to yours before The Rankings Ceremony?" I ask leaning back to look up at him. He smiles down at me and nods briefly.

"Under one circumstance." He says with a smirk, pulling me closer to him. "You have to spend the next," He pauses to look down at his watch. "Hour and a half with me." His smirk grows and I grin, my cheeks burning slightly.

"Ugh, if I have to I guess I will. After a shower." I grown in a teasing manner and wink at him. Before I can even comprehend what is happening he picks me up, throws me over his shoulder, and starts walking as I giggle and slap his back. "Eric put me down!" I shriek as he starts carrying me down the paths of The Pit. All eyes are on us we pass the many people leaving The Pier just after witnessing me face my worst fears.

"Hmm, nope." Eric says and continues walking.

"Eric, you know I don't like being carried." I whine ignoring all the stares and shocked faces surrounding us. He simply laughs and adjusts me on his broad shoulders.

"I know, that's why it's so fun." He chuckles and I groan. As we walk across the main level of The Pit I give up trying to be put down, and rest my elbows on his back, putting my chin in my hands. He continues walking until he goes through the doors of The Dorms and I squirm to be put down again only to instantly stop moving when I hear a scuff from across the room.

"Of course she was ranked first." I hear Peter sneers at Eric. "I mean, it's obvious she slept her way up the ranks." He chuckles dryly. "How'd you do it Stiff? I mean you practically turned Eric into a puppy." I glance at him as he rolls his eyes. As fast as I was swooped up, I was set back to my feet and Peter was slammed against the wall with Eric's arm pressed over his throat.

"Need I remind you of her times in the second round or the fact that she can and did kick your ass." Eric hissed and Peter cowers for an instant before he recomposes himself and tries to push Eric off, failing in the end.

"Those scores could've easily been tampered with, and if she so easily can kick my ass, why is it that she always has someone else defending her? Huh?" He gulps the words out but hate is still evident in his scratchy voice.

"Eric, let him go." I say firmly and he loosened his arms slowly before letting it fall back to his side.

"See, puppy." Peter scuffs and I grabbed his collar in turn.

"You know what, I'm going to settle this now, and once I do if I hear another goddamn word to leave your filthy lips, you better hope you made your last words worth it since I will personally rip your vocal chords out." I spit at him before releasing him and backing off to get into my fighting stance. He chuckles and shakes out his limbs before following my lead. He makes the first move lunging towards me to get in a hit which I easily duck under. He swings again and I step aside.

"Come on, scared to play a little offense?" He taunts and goes to take another swing but this time I grab his arm and twist it behind his back as I hook his feet causing him to fall to the ground. I pressed my knee between his shoulder blades and pull his arm back further. He struggles under my grip trying to free his arm, but I don't let go until I hear a satisfying pop and a yelp escaped him. I stand up and he pushes himself up, cradling his right arm to is chest.

"Hurts like a bitch doesn't it?" I chuckle and he swings with his left arm. I just barely block it, getting hit in the right shoulder causing me to jerked back slightly from the force and take a step back. He goes to punch me again and I pulled his arm forward and knee him in the stomach as I cup my hands behind his neck and shove his weight to the side, bringing him to the ground and quickly straddling him to throw a few blows to his face. He quickly flips us and gets a good hit to my jaw before I move my head and his fist connects with the ground. I knee him hard between the legs and he rolls off me allowing me to get to my feet before he does. His left knuckles are bleeding, he keeps his right arm to his side and continues to blink his left eye. "You done yet Peter?" I asked as he stands with a scuff.