Chapter 11: Visiting Day

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN DIVERGENT, THAT BELONGS TO THE VERY TALENTED VERONICA ROTH.  

The next day I wake up with a giddy feeling in my stomach and a huge grin coating my face. Not only do I get to see Caleb today, but memories of last night flood my memory.

"Why are you all perky today?" Will asks noticing the extra swing to my step as we make our way to the Training Room. We don't have any actual training today however we're meeting there for a lecture before we go see our families.

"I'm just happy that I get to see my best friend from Abnegation." I shrug it off but can't help the slight growth in my grin.

"Mmhmm." Chris hums as she rolls her eyes. "It totally doesn't have to do with-" I cut her off when I jump on her back and throw my hand over her mouth. She licks my hand and I gasp letting go and dropping to the my feet.

"EW! Why do you keep licking me?" I shriek rubbing my hand on my pants as she laughs.

"I swear someone pumped her with peace serum." Uri chuckles shaking his head slightly.

"Not true! Am I not aloud to be happy anymore?" I exasperate throwing my hands up with a small laugh.

"Whats up with her?" Tobias asks walking up from a different corridor to join us in the crowded hallway as we walk in a large clump.

"I get to see Caleb today." I smile and he nods in acknowledgment. He knows Caleb was my only friend growing up. We meet when we were three and have been close since. When possible we were attached at the hip, only leaving the other when we had to.

"This is the longest you've gone without him isn't it?" Tobias chuckles and I nod.

"I miss him." I sigh.  "We got closer after you left." I glance down real quick before looking back up at him with a small shy smile. "He's like a second brother to me." I add.

"Um, you mean third." Uri says poking his head between Tobais' and my shoulders.

"Forth" Zeke chimes in and I laugh

"Sorry guys Caleb comes first." I say to them and they both gasp throwing a hand over their heart.

"Fine, I see how it is." Uri says wiping a fake tear.

"We'll just have to change that then." Zeke says calmly, slowly approaching me before throwing me over his shoulder and taking off down the hall.

"Just cause I'm small doesn't mean I want to be picked up." I scream laughing as I slap his back repeatedly.

"Weather you like it or not it's still fun." Zeke yells continuing to run down the empty corridors. He runs past Eric and almost knocks him over not faltering once or making any point to apologize to him.

"Sorry!" I say to him laughing as I hang over Zeke's back. Eric's eyes meet mine and a smile spreads to my face just before we turn a corner. Zeke continues to run until we reach the Training Room where he sets me down and catches his breath as we wait for the others. Once they arrive Zeke and Shauna leave and we just continue conversation.

"So Trissy, who's the one whos got you all bubbly?"

"Tris here has a crush." Chris pipes up before I can and I growl turning to glare at her.

"You know, so does Chris." I say and she matches my stance returning my glare with one just as deadly. The one breaking our stare down being Al.

"Who's the lucky guy." He speaks up diverting our eyes to him.

"You know, I'm gonna go talk to Four." I say avoiding their questioning stares only to  turn and see him right behind me. "Dammit" I mutter and drag my hand down  my face.