23. Ay, Señor Splish Splash! You Good?

A/N: twin day outfit to the side. i don't know why i keep picturing candace swanepoel as Annabeth.

~.~.~

"Well, hello twin," Reyna slipped next to me as we slowly walked down the hall the following Friday early afternoon in school after last Saturday's fiasco. It had been almost week since that day and things have gotten back to normal...a little bit.

I had spoken to Thalia only twice since Saturday. Once was Monday when she said hi to me in the halls. And the second time was yesterday, when I sat with (by order of importance to me) Percy, Reyna, Jason, Hazel, Leo, Frank, Piper, and Thalia at lunch. There was small talk between us, but it was so awkward, even Leo's corny jokes and fart noises couldn't break the tension. But I'll admit it was better than not talking at all. We had some warming up to do.

I remember when lunch was over Reyna whispered, "I still don't trust her sketchy ass." And I snorted up my carton of milk. Reyna got protective over me pretty quickly. I had gotten more comfortable around the rest of Percy's friends especially after Saturday, and I felt like I knew Leo, Frank, and Hazel all of my life. Okay, not really but we are friends now.

"Hello twin," I greeted her back. "May I say you look amazing."

And she did. For someone intimidating, nose in her studies, and a bad ass, Reyna sure knew how to dress. She had chosen our outfits for Twin Day, and we aimed to dress like Valley Girls. You don't see those at all in New York City, well, unless you were looking at a tourist.

We both were wearing beige loose flowing crop tops that hugged our shoulders, along with high waisted ripped jean shorts, brown ankle boots, sleeveless long white cardigans, and we finished it off with a feminine black fedora. We even had matching Thing 1 and Thing 2 phone cases. The only difference was our hair. Reyna's midnight locks were in a side braid, while mine was left down my shoulders.

"Ya know, if you want to change out of it, that's okay. I don't mean to force you into something you don't want to wear." Reyna said.

Honestly, The outfit was too, revealing for my taste-my legs and stomach were tasting the air for gods sakes. But I've been forced in clothes like this before, what's another outfit?

"I'm fine, really, don't worry about it. I'm just still not used to the staring."

Reyna frowned sympathetically, "I get it, you're used to not being noticed and then you suddenly are, not just because of Percy but the way you suddenly dress, and now you feel like a science experiment."

"Yep."

"I was there when I begun to hang around Jason."

"Jason?"

"Yeah, we dated for about 2.5 and then he broke up with me after two weeks. He had feelings for someone else."

Piper.

I never paid attention to the brief romance between Jason and Reyna but I could tell she was crushed by it. She hid her feelings so well but she managed to show just a bit of emotion. And now that Jason and Piper are dating and wouldn't seem to be ending their relationship anytime soon-well, I don't know, that's their business actually-it must be a big slap in the face to Reyna. If Percy ever broke up with me because he had feelings for another girl and then ends up with that same girl, I'd feel crushed too.

Oh Gods.

I feel real sorry for Drew right now.

I can't believe this. Ladies and Gentlemen, Hell has just frozen over.

"It's sad because, I no matter how much I try to hate Piper, I can't," she continued. "She's a nice person. A little shady for probably playing both sides while you and Thalia weren't speaking, but she was stuck in the middle so there wasn't much she couldn't do. I can see why Jason likes her. She's gorgeous, popular, she's rich, she's kind, she's perfect, she could win Miss Teen New York unanimously-"