25. Deez Nuts! Got Em!

"Annabeth!" I hear Sally Blofis's voice scream out as she walked in Percy's apartment from her shift at work.

I was sitting with Percy on his couch as we tried to pay attention to our homework. We were really playing with each other's hands—I understand that sounds weird. We were playing weird hand games, from Rock-Paper-Scissors to Inny-Minny-Sissa-Linny (how do you spell that?) to Thumb Wars, to Percy just trying to catch my hand and squeeze it over and over again.

We went with our plan and we hung out for a bit before picking our siblings, then I took Bobby and Matthew home, and came back here. Sophie was in her room playing with dolls.

I tried to help Percy with his math, since we didn't get a chance at our study date earlier. He would constantly get frustrated with himself as he got answers wrong, and I felt bad, so I suggested we take a break. In his mind, that meant making out, which lasted for about fifteen minutes before I ended it to go back to our homework.

"Sally, how are you?" I stood up, as she crashed into me for an embrace.

"Hello to you too, Mom," Percy snorted beside me. I pulled away from his mom.

Sally patted his head. "Hi, hon."

Sophie blasted out of her room and ran into her mother's legs. "Mommy!"

"Sophie! My beautiful girl! How was school today?"

Sophie peeked up at her mother. "Ms. Diana gave me two gold stars today for getting a 100 on my spelling test!"

Sally grinned. "That is amazing Soph. And just because of that, I'm baking cookies today."

Percy said, "You bake cookies every afternoon."

Sally made a straight at Percy, yet she had an amused gleam in her eyes. "But who eats all of them, making me have to bake every day."

Percy shrank down in his seat. "Good point."

"Yeah, good point," I teased, jabbing him in his side.

Percy pulled me against him and tickled my sides. ''Don't assist my mother in making fun of me!"

"I make no promises," I laughed out loud. "Now, stop!"

He stopped tickling me, and pulled me in for a short kiss. Sophie's soft giggles came from beside us.

"Percy and Annabeth sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love! Then comes marriage! Then comes a baby in a baby carriage!"

We separated and I stayed in Percy's lap.

"We haven't even kissed in a tree before!" Percy joked. But I am sure that would be extremely thrilling.

Sophie giggled again and ran back to her room, probably to play with her dolls again. Sally wrapped an apron around her waist. "Percy's told me so much about you already that I probably won't even need to ask many questions."

I smiled at her and gave a pointed look to Percy. "Well exactly how much has he told you?"

"Don't worry, Wise Girl. Not everything. Just that your beautiful, smart, and too out of my league to be mine."

I rolled my eyes. "I am not out of you league. It's vice versa."

"Yeah, yeah." He replied, and I swatted his shoulder.

"Ow!" His eyes gave away his playfulness.

"Aw poor baby, do you want me to kiss it?" I teased him before lifting the sleeve of his shoulder and kissing it lightly.

"Annabeth, My lips kind of hurt right now," he pouted.

I rolled my eyes again. "Yeah. I'm sure it does."