26. You Two Are Ticking Sex Bombs

(Annabeth's outfit above)

"I'm going to kill him."

I was currently sitting inside a taxi cab on my way to Percy's house. Oh gods, I was seething.

Percy and I had made plans for our anniversary date. He said our plans would be a surprise and I just had to dress nice. Since it was a school night, we wouldn't be out all night long. He'd pick me up at seven and I'd be home by midnight.

I was so excited just to be with him alone again. I didn't even know what to get him. When I told Reyna that, she dragged me shopping in Times Square for lingerie...and a gift for Percy. And then I had to tell her, I wasn't planning on sleeping with him just yet, I mean come on I had a meltdown only two weeks ago. So I wasted money on underwear he probably wouldn't see anytime soon. Reyna disagreed and made a bet that we'd take a step further tonight because apparently Percy had something romantic planned and in a romantic setting we'd probably not be able to restraint ourselves.

"You two are ticking sex bombs, and you'll explode in more ways than one," Reyna had said, as she pushed me inside a Victoria's secret dressing room.

"Reyna!"

"What? I'm serious," she shrugged. "In reality, no one really holds out so long if you really think about it. Especially at our age, and the mentality we get growing up, the media. Some people have sex after the third date, maybe even on the second one. I might be extremely wrong, I've heard about 90 day rules, but I'm just speaking from what I've seen."

I sighed and shoved my clothes off. "I just...I don't mean to come off like I'm terrified of sex. I want to do it eventually. It just means a lot. It comes with a lot of baggage."

"Baggage? Yeah, you're right. Can't disagree with that. It comes with a lot of responsibility. The way I see it, if you fuck someone you can see yourself having a baby with that person, because if you accidentally get knocked up, you'd want it to be with someone you love and trust, then go ahead and fuck like wild animals."

I snorted at Reyna's sense of logic, that actually did make sense.

"I know Percy is a great guy and everything, he is everything I've wanted in a guy. I'm afraid sex will screw it up."

"Or, it will bring the two of you closer. We'll never know. But like you said, Percy is a great guy and there was a time he was terrified of sex too, heck he probably still is. You probably don't notice, but I'm betting Percy has never moved his hands from your waist, maybe stretch to your stomach, but he's never went to a second base or anything. He's a gentlemen. When you both get to that stage, he'll take care of you. And take you to Nirvana, but take care of you."

I scowled. "You make it sound like you've slept with him before."

Reyna was silent.

I stopped my movement of slipping the underwear on, but then I relaxed when she started laughing. "Don't scare me like that."

"You should have expected that. Not gonna lie, My best friend is one sexy bastard, but Me and Percy? Ew."

I let out a small laugh and knocked on the door, knowing Reyna was leaning on it so I could get out. I held my breath, and stepped out. I held the door open to look at my full body in the narrow mirror. I was wearing a strapless blue lace bra and panties set. It wrapped around my body like a glove and it was rather...weird looking at myself this long without clothes on. I just couldn't see why Percy would be interested in me. I was thin but not bones.

Reyna stared at me intensely. "I swear sometimes, bodies like yours just reassure me that I am in fact bisexual."

Yeah, she confided in me with that information about a week ago. Thank god she wasn't into me...or else this situation would be bizarre.