33. Everything's Coming Along, Chase

I woke up by myself which isn't the ideal way to wake up after your first time. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, my sheets falling down to my waist. I looked over at the wrinkled side of the bed where Percy had slept beside me. I reached for my phone on my nightstand immediately.

A message was the first thing I saw.

Went to change. Be back soon with breakfast.

-HIM

I smiled inwardly and noticed the second message below it.

I love you.

-HIM

I sent Percy a quick reply and then remembered to change his display name. I had changed it from THE SEXIEST GUY I HAVE EVER MET to HIM when we broke up. Now that we are back together...he'll name will be just Percy for now. The old name was old and a reminder of our old selves. We needed something more new. Something more trusting. Something more permanent.

I swung my legs over the bed and stood up to shower and put clothes on. About thirty minutes later I was refreshed. I had on a t-shirt and shorts and sneakers. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I felt like regular me. No extra new clothes, no makeup. Just simple Annabeth. The way I've always should've been.

I thought back to the night before and a big grin came on my face. Is it possible to be so happy that your face could fall apart?

When Percy and I finished...you know...we had a great pillow-talk. It was almost a bit awkward once we got past the asking-if-we-did-good stage. I mean, he was amazing, and I thought I sucked, but it was my first time (and his second). It should've sucked. But Percy was already experienced (sorta) and I wanted to do my best.

It wasn't a test, stupid.

Anyway, we planned the day to just hang out and watch movies, nothing extravagant. And then tomorrow would be the dreadful day that I'd go away for the summer and then school...

My doorbell rang and I rushed down the stairs to open it.

Reyna slammed into me with a big hug.

"Holy shit, Reyna, save the tears for the airport," I chuckled. Reyna clung to me like a sloth to a branch.

"You and Percy are back together! I'm so fucking happy, and exhausted. You two gave me migraines."

I hugged her back just as tight. "I'm sorry. But it's all better now. And I have much to tell you."

Reyna pulled away and rolled her eyes. "Oh, gods. What did you two do?"

I pulled her along to the couch and we sat down. "Um, nothing too big. Talked, kissed, slept together, then slept together, then-"

"WHAT?" Reyna shrieked. She stood up quickly and started jumping up and down. "Oh my god, you, shit, Percy put his, in you, and oh god!"

I started laughing as my phone rang with a FaceTime call. It was Piper. I stopped laughing and looked at the picture of her laughing with me on my screen. I don't know why I was hesitant to answer the phone. We had made peace at graduation yesterday, but did that mean we were completely friends again? I was going away soon, and most likely my connections to high school will be gone, but I can't just forget about my best friends. They've been with me through for most of my life.

I answered the phone. Piper and Thalia had appeared in the camera with tentative smiles, as if they were just as nervous as I was.

Reyna stopped laughing and waited for me expectantly.

"Hey Piper, Thalia. What's up?" I greeted them.

"We just heard through the grapevine that you and Percy made up," Piper said.