The Beginning|| O1

A day before Summer Break
_____________

"Seriously Bahira! What has gotten into you? I've raised you better than this!"

"It was one time Dad! One time out of my 17 years of life!"

"And your last time! I thought you were more responsible and mature than this. I had to leave work because of this! Do you not understand that?"

"You didn't have to and I am mature." I muttered sheepishly.

"The principal called Bahira. What was I supposed to do? You're my fucking kid for crying out loud!"

Now I know you're wondering, what the actual fuck is going on?

Well I, Bahira Simone Malik, skipped class for the first time. Cue the dramatic gasps from my family and father.

"Seriously Bahi, what was going through your head?" Dad asked as he gripped the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles slowly turning white.

"I was thinking that I didn't want to sit in science and maths for 4 hours." I sighed rubbing my temples.

He's acting like I was out smoking weed like he did as a teenager. Or something completely out of left field, like doing meth. All I did was sit under an old tree with a couple of friends from class. It was obviously no big deal, but not when it come to my father. Everything is a big deal to him.

Especially things concerning me.

"Were you smoking with those so-called "friends" of yours?" His voice stern and cold.

"Are you fucking serious Dad!" I yelled in complete shock.

"Watch your fucking mouth young lady!" He yelled back, taking his eyes off the road for a second. I looked at him with wide eyes and my mouth agape.

Did he really just...

He sighed rubbing one of his hands over his face in frustration. "I'm sorry babygirl, I am. But I'm worried about you." He said tenderly. "The people you hang out with remind me of, well me when I was your age."

"Dad." I laughed looking out of the window. "This is the first and last time I skip class, I promise. I wasn't smoking or doing anything bad. Besides, you couldn't have been that bad."

He looked over at me with a smirk, scratching his head. "I was pretty bad Bahira but fine. Although the next time your principal calls me, it better be because you did something outstanding." He nudged me.

"Ok Dad." I giggled, pulling out my phone from my school bag scrolling through my Twitter feed.

"So what's my poison?" I asked curiously, waiting on my punishment.

"No TV for a week." He shrugging. "And no car except if I ask you to run an errand or drive yourself somewhere."

I huffed, not wanting to argue and getting into more trouble. "Ok Dad. So, you're going back to work?" I asked chewing on my nail.

"Yea I have to. Mr. Payne only let me go because of the call. I'm going to drop you off at your Aunt's house." He replied swatting my hand away from my mouth. "Stop it's a terrible habit. You and your mother I swear."

I groaned in annoyance. It's not like I don't love my aunties. It's just that, that "Mr.Payne" asshole is, well an asshole. My father and I never get a chance to hang out unless it's on the weekends. And even then he's constantly emailing my dad. He never gives him a break! Doesn't he have his own damn life?