Goodbye|| 29

Baby we don't stand a chance
_______________________

Bahira's POV

Waking up in Liam's bed, you'd probably think I'd feel like I've won in life. That life had finally been on my side, but that's not the case. I felt as dirty as can be, I felt like a hypocrite and incredibly stupid. The feeling of his body, normally would make me feel butterflies but now I feel nothing but the coldness of the morning breeze. Looking up at his sleeping figure, I couldn't help but sigh. I fell in love with this man and in return he fell in love with me. I got everything I wanted finally, so why am I feeling like I completely lost?

I rolled over, seeing multiple texts from my mother, father, Lilah and Harry. All wondering where I've been and I couldn't help the gut twisting feeling of guilt. I slowly untangled my body from Liam's and managed to make my way towards the bathroom, clothes in hand. I stood in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. My morning glow didn't match the shame I felt on the inside. So many thoughts began to run through my mind, but the main one that made my heart race was the thought of my dad. Knowing that we recently just got on good terms once again and now I could possibly lose him again, makes my body full of anxiety.

I quickly showered and got dressed. Peeking out still seeing Liam's sleeping figure sprawled out was a wave of relief. I hurriedly put on my shoes and wrote a note to Liam. The note explaining how I felt when I woke up and why I had to leave so quickly. Also, that later this afternoon we need to meet up at talk about us. After quickly writing the note, I left it in the bedside table, kissed his head goodbye and made my way downstairs.

Now here I was met with another dilemma. Liam drove me here, I could call an Uber but there's no telling how long one would take. Or I could call Harry and for some reason my gut said to call Harry. Taking a deep breath, I dialed his number while slipping out the front door. After a few rings his husky voice picked up the phone.

"Bahira? Are you alright? We're all worried sick about you."

I sighed. "I know I'm sorry. Did Lilah not tell you?"

"No she told me." He groaned. "I just didn't want to believe it."

I could tell by the tone of his voice he was angry and disappointed. Angry that I went against everything that I was trying to fix. Disappointed because I know he believes that I'm going to go backwards instead of forwards. The thought of it instantly making my head hurt and my heart ache.

"Haz, I fucked up. Can you please come get me." I asked is a low tone, sounding like a helpless child.

"Are you ok love?" The concern in his voice ran like a leaky faucet.

"No Haz." I mumbled feeling the tears build up. "Can you please come get me?" I stressed out.

"Yea babe, just send me the address." I quickly told Harry address as a wave of emotions began to take over me. Pretty soon, tears fell down my cheeks and I quietly sniffed to myself. I looked back at the mansion and saw Liam's shadow stretching through the curtains. Instantly my heart began to break, as realization began to take over.

_______________

I opened the door to my home very quietly before looking over my shoulder and saying goodbye to Harry. On the car ride from Liam's home to my home, I completely broke down and explained to Harry what happed early that morning. I told him from the moment I texted Liam to the moment I woke up. I cried the entire ride, but after talking to Harry he helped me realize something. That every time I walk away from Liam, I feel like I lost a part of my heart. So why was this time so different? That usually I'm so open to Liam about everything but this time was so different.