Fraction Of My Mind||14

With my feelings on fire...guess I'm a bad liar.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ Light Smut
__________________

Waking up the next morning was the best feeling. Just simply knowing that I would be seeing Liam today made me giddy with excitement. Knowing that I have him right where I want him, makes me feel so empowered. Yet, I can't stop thinking about what Lilah said. Liam is the first guy I've felt like this with, honestly he's the first guy I've ever given a chance. Well, besides Dylan.

Oh god Dylan.

Doing this is all fun and games until Dylan crosses my mind. Doing this to him makes me want to never be around Liam, but I can't help it I'm so curious. Especially after the warning he gave me.

"Bahira? You awake love?" Dad said behind my shut door. I turned and looked at my clock 7:37 am. I groaned realizing time is flying by and I should've been up an hour ago.

"Yea dad. I'm awake." I replied, swinging my legs around, proceeding to the bathroom to get ready.

_______________

I walk downstairs to see my dad reading the newspaper and on his phone at the same time. I shake my head giving a breathy laugh as I go over to make some tea.

Dad notices and smiles. "You look happy." I look over at him as if he had three heads.

"Do I not always looks happy?" I questioned as I pour some honey into my tea. My dad sighed shaking his head. He placed his elbows in the table, removed his glasses, and looked at me.

"I don't know." He bit his lip, pondering what he should say next. "Ever since this whole incident. You've been different, unhappy most days. I know it's mostly my fault, for being so hard on you for something so small."

He leaned back, put his glasses back on his face and looked at me. He on the other hand, didn't look so happy. He looked worn out, and plain exhausted. I was about to say something, until he continued to speak.

"You know I really realized that I was too hard on you Bahira. And I can't help think that maybe I'm so paranoid that you'll end up doing stupid shit like your mother and I did." He laughed getting up and walking towards me. He smiled down at me and kissed the top of my head.

"But I know you won't." He continued. I smiled up at him and hugged my dad, as tight as I could.

"You know, you don't have to continue to go to work with me if you don't want to. I know taking away your entire holiday is harsh." On the outside I was smiling, but on the inside, I was panicking. I was freaking the fuck out. Apart of me was fucking ecstatic! But not seeing Liam? What if he finds someone else and she gets to him, the same way I've done?

I looked up at my dad and shook my head. "No it's alright dad. I like going to work with you, it makes up for lost time."

Liar.

He smiled that million watts smiled. "Good. Now c'mon. We're already late." Hearing that made my heart run in my chest.

_________________

As we made it to work I couldn't help but feel nervous. Knowing I'll be seeing Liam always makes me nervous and my heart flutter.

I'm not developing feelings for him.