I Can Feel It||25

Been so long I forgot how to turn it up.
_____________________

Bahira's POV

The past couple of weeks have been rough. I've been through so many emotions in such a short amount of time that I'm pretty sure it's unhealthy. No one will talk to me, except for my mother. I have absolutely no friends what so ever and I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to be around myself either. I feel so empty, but for some reason, I feel more at peace.
That night when Harry completely went off on me. It triggered something inside me, something that needed to be on.

Being alone has forced me to think about his words. How I do use people's love, care and compassion for my own selfishness. I hadn't even realized how much I was hurting others, but was more focused on how they were hurting me. I no longer wanted to be the girl that cried wolf. I didn't want to be the girl who was obsessed with her own pity party. I want to be the Bahira that my parents raised me to be. I want to be happy and make those around me happy. The only way to make this a reality, is to start with me.

So here I am, in my kitchen baking my dad's favorite cookies while mom is making his favorite dinner. To start this journey, I needed to start with my dad, the one I hurt the most. Since all that happened my dad hasn't talked to me, not even a text message. But I know why, my dad and I have always had a close bond. We never hid secrets from one another, we always confided in each other and by not telling him about this whole Liam drama, it crushed him. Sure, it crushed my mother too, but it didn't effect her as much as it did to him and I. With that being said, my mother came up with an idea to get my father's and I's relationship back on track.

"Do you think this is actually going to work?" I asked pouring chocolate chips in my bowl of cookie dough.

"I don't see why not. Being that we all need this and the fact your father eats like a horse." I couldn't help but laugh. "Don't worry so much about it poppet."

I sighed thinking about all the different scenarios that could possibly take place tonight. "How could I not worry? My dad hates me, right along with all of my friends." I mumbled placing the dough on the baking sheet.

"Well its a step in the right direction Bahira. You're at least trying, if things don't go as planned, don't give up. Keep showing everyone that you're trying to do good." My mother smiled as she continued to peel potatoes.

I shrugged nodding. "Yea you're right. Where is he anyway?"

"He went out with Niall." She grunted as she struggled to open a can of beans. I laughed at her struggle before looking through drawers, finding the can opener. I handed it to her with my tongue sticking out causing her to roll her eyes.

"So have you talked to Harry?" Mom asked stirring the now full pot.

I couldn't help my mind as it drifted back to that night. His words hitting me as if they were Apollo Creed, viscous blows to my unstable heart. His green eyes were on fire as the bore into my brown glass windows, shattering them into pieces. My sober heart was broken, but my drunken mind refused to let the pain seep into it.

I gulped down the lump in my chest as I put the sweet goodness into the oven, and said quietly, "No, not yet. I figure if I get dad back, it'll make it somewhat easier in my mind."

She nodded silently, the only noise being heard was the sound out the wooden spoon hitting the sides of the pot as she stirred the contents inside. I hoped on the counter, making myself comfortable as I began to fidget with my fingers. My head hung low as the nerves began to kick in, knowing that at any moment my dad could walk in.

"What about Liam?" The sentence made my head snap up and look at her as if she had three heads.

"Excuse you?" She laughed and looked at me.