23

23

Rose woke up later on the second day that we were there.

We all could tell that she suffering and struggling by the grimace that was on her face.

She tried her best to be as optimistic and as positive as ever, but it was an act and I knew it.
Gordon still hadn't woken up and we were being confined to the hospital until he did.

Considering that I hated the hospital gown, Mel brought me in a soft grey t-shirt and cotton candy blue pajama shorts to wear.

I was condemned to a wheelchair, unable to walk because of my broken leg.

The cast was a pain in the butt and every time I began to complain about it, Shane would remind me that I should just be grateful I was living.

Three days into being stuck at the hospital and I was dying, wishing to roam free and visit Gordon.

Shane and Mel kept me updated, but it wasn't the same as sitting next to his bed and holding his hand.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

I sighed and set down my fork, looking up at Shane and Mel.

It was our third day of being confined here and they were sitting in the chairs that were next to my bed, keeping me company while I ate lunch.

I wasn't actually eating though.

I was just moving the food around my plate, hoping that after a while, they'd give up on making me eat.

I shook my head and said: "No."

Mel rolled her eyes at me and then dropped her eyes back down to the worksheet she was working on.

While she may have been worried about me, she was as dedicated as ever to her schoolwork.

Shane glared at me and reached over with his good arm, picking up a fry and shoving it into my mouth.

I nearly choked, surprised by the sudden action.

After I'd swallowed and consumed some water, I glared at him.

"Shouldn't you be visiting your girlfriend right now?"

He blushed and looked down.

I smirked, taking joy in how he reacted whenever I teased him about Rose.

It was the only enjoyable thing I could do while stuck in this crap hole.

Mel snapped her book shut, causing a loud sound to resonate through my room.

She stood up and tucked her hair behind her ears.

She wore a soft smile as she said: "I've got to get going, but I'll come visit you tomorrow. Don't die from boredom."

I huffed out a goodbye and watched her leave.

I slammed my head against my pillow, once again wishing that I could go see Gordon.

"You're really bored aren't you?"

I rolled my eyes at Shane, because the answer was pretty obvious.

I turned my head to look at him, sighing.

"It's not just boredom. It's also the fact that I miss him. Even though he's comatose, I want to see him. I need to see him."

He nodded and gave me a sympathetic look.

Everyone had been giving me sympathetic looks lately.

"I get it, Ans. But you know the reason why they don't think it's a good idea."

I sighed again and recited what I'd been told a million times in the last 48 hours: "The sight of him comatose could cause me to have a panic attack which would be bad for me with this fragile state of health."