Prologue - A Girl & Her Secret

This, is the story of a girl, who was born long after the Golden Age and the Telmarine invasion, between a Telmarine and a Narnian. The beautiful child was very much like her parents; she had inherited her father's brown, wavy hair and her mother's significantly attractive violet eyes.
This family relationship was forbidden in both the Telmarine and Narnian cultures; for if you have read the book or watched the movie, you would know that the Telmarines were hated by the Narnians and vice versa. Hence the family was soon torn apart as soon as the baby was born.
Once she was born they decided not to subject her to a life of fear and hiding but to let her live as a Telmarine, so she was whisked away and smuggled into the castle as a child whose mother had passed away during labour.
They were believed at first and she was accepted to live in the castle with her father who had worked under the King. This allowed her to develop great relations with the kind prince, whose name was none other than Caspian. He was her one and only true friend as the supersitious and unkind people of Telmar believed she was the one who had brought misfortune to her mother.
None of them knew that her true mother was still very well alive in the depths of the darkly perceived woods which the Telmarines dared not enter for the fear of ghosts, which was actually just the dryads and hamadryads. She knew everything about Narnia through the prince's professor and nurse, but not too much about her mother as her father was afraid that the topic would slip out her mouth if she had known too many details.
Revelation, would mean the death of them.
And they lived like that for six long years, till their secret was uncovered one night, and their case was handed over to an evil and cunning Lord who despised the Narnians and craved for blood.

***

General Ignatius was summoned into the council room late at night for an untold reason, and he was feeling extremely nervous for it wasn't normal for someone to have been summoned at such a time in the night.
He had a bad feeling about all that was going to happen, but shook the thoughts away and assured himself he was just being superstitious again. He had been this way since he had brought Carmelya home with him; the biggest and darkest secret he had ever kept in his life.
He took a deep breath before entering the council room, only to be greeted by King Caspian and Lord Miraz staring at him sternly. Negative thoughts flooded back to him instantly.

"General Ignatius, do you know why you're here?" questioned King Caspian.
"I have the littlest idea, Your Majesty" answered Ignatius rather calmly though he felt as if his heart would beat out of his chest anytime soon. There was an uneasy moment of silence.
"You have committed treachery! Communitcating with a Narnian whom you should have captured and killed and even having her child!" exclaimed Lord Miraz.
Ignatius was taken aback. How did they find out? He felt his pulse quicken and his knees began to knock for he knew that his sentence would have been death.
"Lord Miraz, I..." General Ignatius fell to his knees.
"My daughter still needs me, my King" he diverted his speech to King Caspian, knowing that the cold-hearted man Miraz was would never have showed him mercy.
"My apologies Ignatius, but I'm afraid your sentence is entirely up to Lord Miraz" said the King, who got up to leave the room. Ignatius's heart sank at his words. He knew for sure that he would never live to see the sunrise on the next day.

***

Prince Caspian walked down the castle's corridors together with Carmelya, daughter of General Ignatius. They were great friends and always went on amazing adventures together around the castle and in the woods.
The both of them always had something to share about, because, you see, both had been exposed to the tales and stories of Narnia and were not afraid and superstitious like the other Telmarines. They laughed over the adventures they had that day: the first time they went so far out from the castle that they could explore the ruins of Cair Paravel.
They bumped into King Caspian in front of the council room.
"Your Majesty" Carmelya curtseyed.
"Caspian, what are you doing wandering around the castle at this time?" questioned his father.
"Sorry" said Caspian. He sulked at Carmelya for her understanding before following his father towards his room.
"Caspian, I need you to stop seeing that girl"
"May I ask why?" Caspian asked.
"You'll know soon enough" replied King Caspian. That was the last of their conversation that fateful night.