Chapter 2 - High Kings & Queens of Narnia

"Watch where you're going luv" said a man who had nearly rammed his vehicle into the girl.
"I'm sorry" sighed Lucy.
Lucy raced across the street to Susan, who was speaking to a geeky boy at the newspaper stand. In actual fact she had her eyes fixed on the newspaper in her hands and had only uttered one word to the boy, who was really annoying.
"Susan! You better come quick!" shouted Lucy. Susan slammed her newspaper down, glad that she had an excuse to get away from the weird boy. With that, they ran across the street hand in hand towards the railway station, where they were supposed to take a train to their school.
Once they were in the dimly lit and overcrowded station, they were greeted by the sight of a few boys fighting with Peter - a mess of limbs and clothes and punches. Soon Edmund pushed his way through the chanting crowd and ran in to join the fight.
"Edmund!" screamed Lucy, all panicky. How she wished that they would stop it right at that instant.

"Break it up!" A few officers shouted, shoving the boys away from each other. "Act your age!"
With that the fight had ended and the crowd of children had scattered away, leaving the four Pevensies trudging towards a nearby bench with their mass of luggage. They never fancied the start of a new school term, for it meant early mornings and lessons and homework and late nights, and the fight just made it worse.

"You're welcome" Edmund said sacastically as he slammed his briefcase onto the bench.
"I had it sorted" said Peter.
"What was it this time?" asked Susan, obviously annoyed.
"He bumped me" Peter said crossly.
"So you hit him?" Lucy questioned, disappointment written on her face.
"No! After he bumped me, he tried to get me to apologise. That's when I hit him" explained Peter.
"Why can't you just walk away?" Susan hissed. Peter's poor attitude since the time they came back from Narnia had always gotten on her nerves.
Peter shrugged, "I shouldn't have to! Aren't you guys tired of being treated like kids?"
"Erm, we are kids" Edmund pointed out as he slouched further into the bench.
"Well, I wasn't always..." he paused, remembering all his adventures in Narnia, "it has been a year. How long does he expect us to wait?"
"I think it's time to accept the fact that we live here. There's no use pretending any different" said Susan, throwing her hands up into the air. Her eyes darted to behind Lucy and she gasped at the sight of the geeky boy walking in her direction in a rather weird fashion.
"Oh no," she rolled her eyes, "pretend you're talking to me" she said, turning to Edmund so that the back of her head now faced the boy.
"We are talking to you" Edmund said.

Lucy shot up from her seat suddenly. "Ow!" she shouted.
"Be quiet, Lucy" hushed Susan, trying her best not to look back at the approaching geek.
"Something pinched me" Lucy whined.
"Hey, stop pulling" Peter said to Edmund.
"I'm not touching you!" exclaimed Edmund, his eyes growing very big. He had always been accused for everything and was rather sick of it.
"What is that?" Susan asked, having felt a pull on her leg too.
"It feels like ... magic" Lucy said, her mouth tugging up into a smile.

The four siblings held hands. An ordinary train raced pass them, but what was extrodinary was that it was pulling away the tiles and walls of the train station, and the four of them were the only ones who seemed to notice. The luggage, the seat, the lights, the entire train station vanished in a blink. The four siblings, still holding hands and pale faced, stared in awe at a beautiful beach.

The four royals stepped into the sunlight, taking in the magnificent view of the beautiful sea. The water was a dazzling shade of blue and it's waves calming and soft. Lucy and Susan exchanged smiles, before racing towards the sea and kicking off their shoes and pulling off their socks on the way, running their toes through the fine sand and soaking themselves into the clean sea water. The boys followed suit.
Soon, all four of them were playing in the sea, engaged in a fierce water battle. They splashed the cool salty water at each other, making all of them soaking wet. Lucy even tripped on herself and fell butt first into the water.