Chapter 15: The Second Battle of Beruna [#2]

Back on the field, Caspian, cornered by Telmarine soldiers thirsty for his blood, misplaced his footing while backing up and was forced into the pit they had created. Now an easy target within the mess of rubble, metal and bodies, he fended off their blows as best as he could.
A cry from behind him sounded, sparking a turn and roll onto his back. Spotting Glozelle - who was bruised and wounded - Prince Caspian inhaled a sharp breath when he set his eyes on the spike aimed at him. Glozelle froze in his actions as soon as he realised it was the Prince, faltering slightly.
Before both of them could make another move, a thick rope-like thing burst through the Earth and twined itself around Glozelle like a kraken's tentacle, pulling him upwards as if he was an action figurine and slamming him against the rocks, once, then a second time, knocking him unconscious.

Taken aback, Caspian turned to scramble back up onto the grass, only to see the High King smiling back down at him, his hand extended. Why, that's unusual... Thought Caspian the same moment he decided to reach out and grab Peter's offered hand.
Stepping up onto the field, Caspian gawked, dumbfounded at the magnificent sight of the wood - instead of being fixed at their rightful place at the far end of the clearing - rushing at the Telmarines.

This was alarming for the Telmarines, who ran amuck, darting towards their comrades and away from the 'deadly possessed beasts'. Amidst the frenzy, many other soldiers refused to fall back with the sudden turn of events, but endured with launching catapults at the enemy, one crashing into and scraping a tree. Hurt, the green moaned as it collapsed to the ground.
A great oak tree instantaneously shot it's roots into the ground, causing the Earth to rumble and crack. Alas, it emerged where the catapults were positioned, wrapping its strong structures round the catapult and reducing it to splinters within seconds, sparking a hurrah from the Narnians.

"We can defeat them if we draw them to the river!" a soldier suggested.

"To Beruna!" Sopespian howled to his troops. In a few moments Miraz's followers were bolting away and down the river's bank in a disorderly fashion, the whole army a disgraceful mess of metal and flesh.

Just half-way across the bridge, the whole army came to a hasty halt, for there was a little girl that stood on the opposite bank of the Great River alone, smirking as her hair and dress flowed with the breeze.
If you'd ask them later on, these soldiers couldn't exactly comprehend why they stopped. They just did because they knew they mustn't continue, and how did they come to think like that? They didn't quite know, or rather weren't willing to believe what they saw next.
Her expression growing all serious, Lucy drew her dagger from her waist, holding it up beside her. In a mere blink, out of nowhere, the Great Lion stepped forward to join her. Wide eyed and trembling, they stared aghast at He.
Sopespian, him being ignorant - you may want to call it - glanced at his troops and back at the Lion, who, to him, looked so very fierce and wild.

"Charge!" he shrieked, at the top of his lungs.

With loud clatters and splashes the army began their charge towards Aslan and Lucy, not bearing in mind the consequences of their foolishness. Slightly angered by the scene, The Lion roared, sending at them strong whip of wind which managed to bring every single one of their muscles to a complete stop. Horses refused to continue, and the soldiers became weak in the knees.

Before they knew it the water around them began to draw back against its original current, exactly how it would be like when a great tsunami were to come at us on a beach. Shocked and pale in the face as to what was yet to come, the Telmarines crooked their heads in the direction of the reversed water flow, and to their utter dismay, found a dark silhouette of a girl in Narnian armor right there, against the blinding sunlight.

With her dress billowing out behind her in a small cloud and her hair fluttering against her neck in the breeze, the girl locked her violet eyes with Sopespian's dark ones and smiled - not smirked, but smiled - genuinely, sending guilty shivers down the man's spine. With a sharp rise of both her hands, the certain finale to the battle commenced. First, the clear liquid began to pile up, gallons upon gallons, drop upon drop, until the structure of blue mirrored that of a grand fountain, sending continuous gushes of water peltering down onto the river and men below. Out came a gigantic, wet, bearded head up top, and his arms gradually became distinct at his sides.
Having completed her task in summoning the River God, Amethy picked up her slightly soaked skirt and brushed her palms together in satisfaction, before she dashed her way back onto the bank, joining Aslan and Lucy near the bridge.