2.

I get home from work the following week and I hear Asher barking out back. Who let him out? I know my landlord, Mrs. Carson, lets him out to the bathroom when I'm at work sometimes but she is out of town today.

"Woah! You can jump about as high as me." I hear a deep rugged voice say to Asher's bark. I scent the air and nothing familiar comes to mind. But it isn't another Rouge. I look into the back yard and see a man. Not just an man. A werewolf and a powerful one at that. He is tall and muscular. He has on a casual suit with his jacket off and draped over the back gate. He has one of Asher's tug ropes in his hand. He is holding it in the air as Asher jumps to grab it every time. The man stands at about 7'2 while the common size for alpha's is about a little under 6'9. That means he can only be one other powerful wolf.

The Alpha King.

My wolf tells me. She is excited for some reason.

"Are you done starring, Kendall?" His voice snaps me out of my thoughts.
"Sire?" I question. "Why are you here? Did my letter not reach you?" If he is here to kill me I will not go down without a fight.

"It did that's why I'm here." He turns and I see his face. His eyes are beautiful. He has sharp cheek bones and deep blue eyes. Which don't match his tan skin. His forearms are showing and his back flexes as he throws the toy to the far side of the yard.

"Was something wrong?" I ask as he steps closer. "Where is your mate Kendall?" His question catches me off guard. "Sleeping with the old Beta's daughter if my facts are still correct." I respond without thinking. He raises a brow.

"And why would he be doing that?" He steps closer in breathing space. His hands on ether side of my head.
"He said he was in love. With her." I tell him my voice low. I don't know why I want to tell him these things. He isn't commanding me. But yet I feel as if I should tell him everything.

"And how do you feel now?" I feel his breath tickle my ear. As his head is now so close I can feel the stubble on his cheek.

"Over it. I got over him two years ago." I can hear my own heart rate increasing.

"Good." He says and steps back. I blink my eyes rapidly. Tilting my head to gaze at him with a questioning look.
"Meet me at the address in your pocket tomorrow at 7. Don't be late Kendall." He walks up and kisses my cheek. I blush and he walks off like nothing happened. I slide down till my but hits the ground. What in the hell was that?

A chance.

A chance?

Yes a second one.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Did you find her Sire?" Parker asked me this question as soon as I walked through the door.

"Yes Parker." I throw my jacket in the Landry basket in my office bathroom. I kept plenty around the rooms I frequent. I tend to have a bad habit of leaving clothes on the floor. Joyce my lovely housekeeper does not like that.
"So..? How did it go? Is she what your wolf hinted at?"

I smile at him. "Oh yes she is. She is more beautiful in person too. I almost claimed her right there." I shook my head as I recalled her face once I turned around. I almost jumped her there. With the lust hazed over eyes and those plump pink lips.

"Does she know?" He asked as he hands me the flies on the new pack treaty.

"After today I'm sure she does. If not I will tell her tomorrow." I smile and read the treaty. It's for the BloodMoon pack. She is in my life without my knowing. Her beautiful long dark curly hair. She was shorter than me. 5'7. Almost two feet under but not there. A soft round nose and almost pointed ears. Like she never really changed back from wolf form. Her nice round rear and full breast. I didn't miss the way she looked in that dress of hers. Like she knew I was coming. I can wait to her her scream my name. Under me as I sink my canines in to the soft spot between her shoulder and collar bone.

Just wait until she is in our bed. Then we will mark what is ours.
I agree with my wolf as he states what will soon be true. I still would like to see her fated mate. Thank the poor bastard. After all it was him who gave me my second chance.