9.

I've been dreading Blake's arrival all day. I am not happy one bit and my mate has noticed. "Amor. Stop this. He is just an asshole who doesn't deserve your concern."

"I know. I just don't want him here to ruin things."

"He won't. Now what color?"

"Are you really about to make him a thank you card?"

"Yes." I bust out laughing. He has been talking about this card since my brother called.

"You are a mess! And what is he going to do when he reads it?"

"Say, 'your welcome' and move on."

"It not that simple baby."

"It is. I'm going with blue."

I shake my head at him and exit his office. I head to the elevator and press the down button. "Amor! Do not start any fights!"

"I would never!" I answer with a chuckle and step in going down.

I reach Parker in the tv room when I head towards the entrance. "Parker!"

He jumps up at attention with his hands to his sides. "Yes ma'am?!"

I almost laugh at his seriousness but I refrain. "Parker. I need something from you today."

"Yes ma'am?"

"I need you to keep Blake away from me."

He looks at me in confusion. "Ma'am?"

"The King said no fights. So if we are alone together you need to do bodyguard duty."

"Yes ma'am!"

"And get out of attention please."

"Yes ma'am." He laughs and relaxes his body. "How do you feel, Parker?" He has been upset these past couple of days.

"I don't know. My wolf is anxious and I don't want Blake here."

"Why?"

"I have waited centuries for my mate and he throws his away like trash! I can't stand shifters like that. No matter what happens or what situation my mate is in we will work though it. I have waited to long for her."

I bring him in for a hug. "You will find her Parker. And she will be perfect for you."

"Yes. I hope so." He pulls me in tighter and I almost sob. I hope his mate isn't dead. We usually won't know unless we are near death ourselves.

We pull apart to a throat clearing. I turn and see Edna. "What is it?"

"Sir Beta." She bows. "The Beta of the DarkMoon pack has arrived with his pregnant mate." I think she is trying to piss me off.

Parker's eyes twitch. I don't know why but I feel like his wolf is on edge.

"Parker. I will greet them. You get under control and meet me at the entrance. Okay?"

He only nods. I walk tough the door pass Edna and go toward the entrance. "Wait you can not meet them!"

"And why not?" I stop and turn to her.

"It is the royal families job."

"And I mated to the King, am not royal family?"

"Yes...but.."

"But what? Speak up!"

"You...you.."