12.

Later on at dinner. Enquire and I arrive  to the private dining area. Where Parker and Lily are already there. It is custom for the Royal family to welcome new mates and any guest with a dinner. It is usually on the first night but with the situation that happened aka Blake we have made it the following.

I sit in my seat to the left of my King and Parker on his right with Lily beside him. We are waiting one Blake but I would rather start without him. I don't want Parker to kill him and I also don't want to 'accidentally' claw out his eyes.

"Parker. We have news we want you to know." He grabs my hand and looks to Parker. "Mi alma nos ha dado el regalo más grande."

Parker's eyes light up and turn to me. "My Queen that is wonderful news!" He jumps up to his feet in excitement and gives us both a deep bow.

Lily who looks confused just looks from Parker to me and back. I place my hands on my stomach and her eyes follow. They widen and then she jumps up as well. "Oh my! Is it truth? You are with pup?" I nod and she surprises us all by running to my side of the table and pulling me in for a hug.

"Congratulations. If any female deserved a child it is you, My Queen."

I my face feels wet and I realize I'm crying but so is Lily. We hold each other a moment more till the sound of the door opening interrupts us.

We all turn to see a crazed eyed Blake. Shaking and claws extended. "You are what?!"

Parker was first to react moving Lily behind him. Enrique grabs my hand gentle and pulls me behind him. "Beta Collins or should I say ex-Beta Collins. You are late for dinner."

Blake looks at my mate in confusion. "What? Ex?"

"You are late for dinner. Then you come barging in like you own the place. Your claws are extended and you are in a threatening stance. Do you know what that means?" As he speaks he guides me to Parker who get the hint and puts me behind him also.

Blake watches these movement while trying to decipher what Enrique said. "Wha..?"

"You are in violation of were law number 1, 5, and 14. Do you remember those laws Collins?"

Blake gulps. Most likely in fear because he is calm enough to realize what he has done.

"No? Well let me refresh you." He starts to walk closer to Blake. Pacing at times to confuse him. "Rule one. Never threaten and/or endanger any member of the Royal family or its command. Rule five always show up on time for any event hosted by the Royal family. And rule fourteen always show respect to a Royal at all times unless indicated. Breaking any of these rules and/or laws is considered treason. And all treason is punishable by death."

He is right in front of his face now and I stand patiently behind Parker.

"Now I understand that this might seem unfair but there are three chances given. You have broken two rules when you first arrived that is why I did not allow you permission out of your assigned room till today. But you come in and break three more. Now if my math is still as good as it use to be I would say that's..." He pauses like he needs to count. "One. Two. Three. Four. Five chances." He holds up his hand with all of his fingers.

"Parker? Am I right?" He ask still holding up his hand.

"Yes Sire."

"Good." His claws extend and he swipes in front of himself so fast I almost didn't see it. Blake now lays on the ground holding his face. He lefts out a scream of pain. I cover my ears till he stops and so does Lily.

"I should kill you. But I can do you something better." He walks up to his head and crouches down. "That is the mark of shame. I have gifted you with it only because of my mother's blood."

Blake is still shaking but this time it is with fear. "Yes your majesty."

The mark of great shame. It was use back when the first and second Alpha Kings roamed the lands. If given the mark any wolf will be shunned and exiled. No interaction with anyone not even regular wolves will get close. You spend you time being hunted and you can never step foot on a pack land again. Or it is sudden death where you stand.

This is indeed worse than death. As social creatures without interaction are wolves will drive us mad. Almost to the point of death. But the only way you die is if the King ends you or the Goddess takes pity on you. If she does you are never allowed in the wolf's finally resting place.

"What do you say to my gift, Collins?"

"Thank you your highness." His eyes still cover and unable to see Blake responds.

"Good." Enrique gets up and walks over to me. "Jace! Jared!" The guards of the front door enter in and fall to their knees on the floor. "Please get that." He pointed to Blake. "Out of here."

"Yes Sire." The both get up from the floor and Jace picks up Blake. Jace leaves with Blake over his shoulder. Jared turned around. "My Queen. Alpha Keith Smith has arrived."

I walk into Enrique's embrace and nod. "Send him in." Jared nods turns and goes out the door.

Seconds later my beloved brother comes in. I run and jump at him. He catches me and holds me tight. "Well what did I miss? And was that my Beta?" He whispered to me.

"Ex-Beta." I correct him. "Looks like Matthew can come early after all."

Keith just chuckles and walks in. Still carrying me.

"And dear brother. I hope you bought your wallet." I say as I hug him tighter.

"Damn will I ever win?"

"Not against me dear brother. Not against me." And again he just chuckles.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey wasn't planing on it but boom! Here you go. I'm hot in my room right now so you get an update. I'm glad you like my book! I do too so stay sassy and check out my other if you like!

😘

With love always.

Mi alma nos ha dado el regalo más grande. - My soul has given us the greatest gift.