Alternate Reality

Sit on my thrown watching the sun pass, I think. It's been close to four years since my mate's death and I miss her to this day but I know the Goddess has someone for me. Someone to spend the rest of my life with. To love. To rule with me. As I think on all the things that lead me up to this point there is a knock on the door.

"Enter."

"Sire." In walks Parker my Royal Beta.

"Yes Parker?" He rises his head and by the look he gives me I know he is thinking like me.

"We received news that the Alpha of the Darkmoon pack has found their Beta. Now that the pack has its chain of command they request your approval."

"When did this happen?"

"He passed training four months ago."

"How long was his string period?"

"Three years, he was born of warrior blood."

"Mm." I would usually invite them to the palace but my inspection of the packs is coming up. "Parker when do you leave on your search?"

"In the next month, Sire."

"Do you want to start at the Darkmoon?"

He smiles at me. "That would be excellent, Sire."

"Good get everything prepared. Tell Samson he can stay with Joe. But prepare the six of Royal Guard instead. Or I won't hear they end of it." Joyce a mother like no other will not let me leave without at least four.

"Yes Sire. Will next week suffice?"

"That is fine Parker. Go get some rest when your done, it's late."

With a head nod he is dismissed. The Darkmoon. That reminds me that the treaty with the Bloodmoon I have yet to confirm. I sigh. Getting up from my thrown in a less than elegant manner I am off to my office. The King's work is never done.

^^
The days quickly pass and it is now Friday. An ideal day to visit a pack for the pups should be out of school. That way I can see all aspects of the pack. With this visit I decided to make it unannounced. That way if anything is wrong no one will have a chance to cover it up. Parker is sitting in the back seat as am I. While two guards are up front and the other four are in the car in front of us.

I honestly didn't want to many men with me. It just draws to much attention. Being King will always get you noticed. When we arrived out front we caught the attention of a few wolves that were there. Walking up to the door and Parker knocks. We don't wait long before the Alpha of the Darkmoon pack, Keith opens the door. "Your highness." He bows in greeting. Stepping aside he invited us in.

I acknowledge his greet as he asks the reason behind the surprise visit. "Pack inspection." Parker so kindly answers as though I'm am not capable. I inwardly roll my eyes at him. Parker always one for dramatics.

"Parker and I will take a look around. Where is your Beta?"

"He and his mate are at the pack doctor, Your Majesty." I nod to his response. "Health problem?"

"Their first pup." Keith replies happily.

"Alright. Let us take a walk around, Parker. I'm sure Alpha Smith has things to do." He nods his head out of respect and says that his sister would be a happy guide.

^^
Meeting the Alpha's sister was interesting to say the least. Parker is one happy fellow. Once their eyes connected I couldn't get out fast enough. Though I am happy for my Beta watching him make out with the Alpha's sister, Kendall was not on the top of my to do list.

I find myself walk around the pack grounds after that. My sharp eyes going over every detail. I soon find myself outside the pack doctor's office. My wolf perks up.

What is it my friend?

A second chance.

He says this but he seems wary. I have a feeling I won't like what's inside. I walk up and slowly open the door. A scent hits my nose but I can't make it out, it seems to be mixed with something else. I follow it to a room at the end of the hall. Listening to the voices inside.

Congratulations again lady Beta.

Thank you Angel.

You're only a few weeks pregnant so I want you to come back next month. I'll writ your prescription so you can get it on the way out.

I don't know why but my wolf howls. I waited until the door opened. I lock eyes with a blond haired beauty. She's holding her stomach and her scent is driving my wolf mad for two reasons.

One.

She is my mate, my second chance.

Two.

She is pregnant and mated to another.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Well well well.

You see what I think of at 2 in the morning and finish days later.

This is just a chapter for pure enjoyment I was playing around with the idea since I ended the book.

Not edited. Like at all lol.

Love you babies! 💜