Blake's

"Desire! Don't go far!" I heard my father yell to me.

With a hand wave in his direction I take off into the woods. Starting my afternoon run. Being a human in an all were family has its ups and downs.

Ups being I live with such awesome creatures. A down would be I don't share all their special skills.

Compared to humans I have sharper hearing and a better sense of smell. But compared to my family I might as well be a blind, nose less bat. I sigh and speed up.

I am the fastest human I know but I can't even out run the pack children. Besides those things nothing else troubles me.

Well maybe never having a mate.

I know my father and mother say that humans have soul mates too, but as a human my chances of finding him are slim.

My mother tells me my mate could be a wolf so he will fine me but again the chances. I try not to think about it too much, I might end up crying.

I speed up again.

Faster.

Faster.

I love running. I feel so free. I'm not human or wolf I'm just me. The more I speed up a shadow is getting closer in the distance.

I stopped right before my favorite clearing. Looking around for the shadow I saw. When I see nothing I turn back around to face the pond.

Untying my running shoes and slipping them off. I place them on the flat rock next to me. Taking off my sports bra and compression shorts I fold those up and place them over my sneakers. Then I stretch and jump in the water.

I have no problem being naked. It works when you live with shape shifters who tend to lose their clothes at any time.

I float around on my back watching the sky when out of the corner of my eye I see it again. The shadow. Its been following me for a couple weeks now. I have concluded that it is a harmless rouge who is scarred to approach the pack and me being human makes me the most harmless in his/her eyes.

I believe it's a male though seeing as it only shows when I take my runs. Which is when I am naked because of my afternoon swim.

I chuckle and float back. Getting out on the other side and laying on the glass. I turn my head in the direction of the shadow. He moves of course thinking I don't know he is there. I sit up with my legs crossed and my back straight.

Placing my hands on my knees. I close my eyes and began my relaxation process. Breath in. Breath out.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

It doesn't take long for him to move again. This time closer. I can feel his presents getting closer. Soon his body heat is close to mine.

"Hello."

I'm pretty sure he tensed.

"Don't worry I know you're there. I know you have been there for a few weeks now." I still don't open my eyes.

I hear a thud and I know he sat down. His breathe smells of meat so I know he is in wolf form. "If I open my eyes will you run?"

I don't get a response but I hear more breathing and another thud. I believe he is laying down now. That's a good enough response for me.

I open my eyes. Wow.

Such a beautiful coat. Calico like the cats but it is mostly black. I study his paws and legs making my way up to his face.

I hold back a gasp. His face is also beautiful but the is a scar there. It looks like three claw marks and it was deep. Running from the top of his head to the bottom of his jaw.

Before thinking about my actions I reach out and touch it. He doesn't move but surprises me by leaning in to my touch.

Then I feel something. What I never thought I would. I can't stop myself from crying as I feel what I believe are the mate tingles flow through my hand.

I stare deep into his eyes and say the words I have wanted to since I discovered what they are.

"Mate."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So I decide Blake can have more than one chapter. I'm feeling nice.

😊😊😊😊

Love you guys. Please comment and tell me what you think.