0 ; 6

michael sat in his room, studying way harder than he should be. he turned to his right and checked the time.

11:45pm

michael had been studying since his mother lectured him. that was at about 4:00. he had lost track of time. michael had never studied for 7 hours straight. he knew it wasn't healthy, but he wanted to impress his mum.

the dark blonde placed down his pen and shut down his laptop. he sighed and scratched his head then stood up. he exited his room and made his way to the lounge room where his mum was sat watching whatever tv show was currently popular.
"mum, i'm going to bed."
"did you study?"
"yes mum. for seven hours," michael rolled his eyes but luckily his mother was too distracted by her show to notice
"alright good night."
"good night."

michael stripped out of his uniform and replaced it with a pair of boxers and a random t-shirt that he found in the corner of his room.

++

"hey michael," a short, tanned girl said as she twirled her blue hair around her finger.
"hey, molly, right?" michael said as he unlocked his locker.
"no, it's baylee, actually."she smiled
"oh, sorry."
"it's okay."
"do you, uh, need something?" michael asked as he pulled books out of his tiny locker.
"oh yeah," baylee said quickly, "i just wanted to ask you something."
michael shut his locker and faced the shorter girl,
"what's up?" he smiled.
"is it true that- well people have been saying that you're gay with luke. like you're dating or something."
"what?" michael yelled, causing baylee to jump and the people around them to look at him.
"shit sorry," he said in a much calmer tone, "it's not true, who told you that?"
"no one really, i just heard people talking about it."
"who? what people?"
"i think they're calums friends."
"fucking hell," michael said as he started walking away.
"hey wait!" baylee yelled out, michael turned back towards her. "i hope this doesn't cause any problems. don't let rumours get to you," she smiled
"thanks, baylee," he smiled back.