1 ; 6

"hey luke," michael smiled widely as he sat down across from luke.
"hi," luke mumbled.
"you okay?" michael asked, "you looked pretty sad yesterday when i was hanging out with mel."
"yes, i'm fine." luke smiled fakely
michael rolled his eyes at lukes attempt of a lie.
"you're the worst liar, lucas. now tell me what's wrong."
"i am not," luke defended, "and don't call me lucas."
"you expected me to believe you're fine, even though i've seen you cry and i saw you looking upset yesterday?"
"okay, okay. i'm really not fine."
"what's wrong?" michael asked as he leaned closer to luke. luke sighed.
"seeing you with melanie makes me upset."
"what? why? has she done something to you? do you like melanie? you better not like her i swear to god. are you jealous of me?"
"NO," luke said, louder than he wanted to.
"jeez, alright. then what's wrong?"
"i'm not jealous of you.. i'm jealous of melanie." luke's cheeks heated up as he looked down at his lap in shame.
"l-luke what?"
"i'm sorry," luke said as his glassy eyes met michael's emerald ones, "i know you're straight and i know you're dating melanie but god damn michael, i love you. i love you so much."
"l-luke i-."
"i know what you're gonna say 'im straight luke, sorry!'" luke said as he shot up from his spot, grabbing his bag.
"no! luke!" michael said as he copied luke, "i love you too!"
"what?"
"i love you," michael whispered.
"i-i don't know what to say," luke said in shock.
"don't say anything, just- just come here," michael said as he motions for luke to come to him. luke followed his instructions and walked over to michael. michael slid his hand behind lukes back and pulled the him against him. michael closed his eyes as he leaned in towards luke. luke did the same and in a matter of seconds their lips collided. michael's soft lips moved in sync with luke's as luke wrapped his arms around michael's neck. they pulled apart out of breath and rested their foreheads against each other.
"wow," luke panted.
"yeah," michael giggled.
"michael, i don't understand. why are you dating melanie if you're gay? or are you bi?"
"no, i'm gay."
"then why are you dating her?"
"well, um.."

flashback

"mum!" michael yelled from the lounge room.
"yes mikey?"
"can you come here please, i need to talk to you."
michael's mum entered the room slowly.
"what's up?" she asked.
"i think you should sit." michael said before patting the seat next to him.
"michael, you're scaring me," michaels mum laughed nervously.
"okay, so. i need to tell you something really important, it might change the way you look at me but i need to tell you."
"just tell me. nothing you say will change anything. you're my son and i love you."
"alright," michael said before taking a deep breath, "i'm- i'm gay."
michael's mum looked at him with wide eyes.
"what?" she said.
"mum, i like boys."
"no you do not!"
"i do mum!"
michael's mum stood up and looked michael straight in his eyes.
"i will not support you. not ever."
"mum please!" michael begged in tears.
"no, i do not tolerate gays."
"since when?" michael scoffed.
"since it was written in the bible."
"fuck the bible!" michael yelled ((a.n. im sorry if any of you are religious!))
"michael gordon clifford you listen right here," she yelled as she grabbed michael by his collar, "you will get a girlfriend or you will not live in this house. do i make myself clear?"
"o-okay, i'm- i'm sorry."
"good boy. go up to your room and do you homework."
"okay," he said softly.

end flashback

"oh my god," luke whispered as he pulled the crying boy into his arms.
"she hates me luke and she doesn't want me."
"michael, she does. she's just in denial. it would be a big shock to find out your son likes boys, give her some time."
"i have given her time! it's been over a week and she still gives me dirty looks!"
"it'll be okay! i'll be always be here for you every step of the way."
"thank you, luke," michael smiled as he pulled away from the hug. luke smiled back.
"don't worry about her, she'll get over it."
"luke?"
"yeah?"
"will you be my boyfriend?"
"i-i don't know if that's a good idea, with your mum and you're dating melanie!"
"luke, mum doesn't have to find out and i'll tell melanie! i know she supports people like us! i'm sure she'd be okay with being my cover up girlfriend!"
luke sighed, he wanted to date michael so bad. but he hated the idea of hiding their relationship."
"okay," luke smiled.
michael's face lit up at luke's words. he didn't say anything, he just jumped into luke's arms and held him tightly.

i'm such a bad writer!!!! i said i'd update yesterday but i didn't

i'm sorryyyyyyy :^((