Chapter 17

Thought I found a friend.
Smoke and mirrors made me lightning.

| Tender - Smoke |

The Underlord pushes Ava against the wall. She stares up at him with wide eyes, suddenly trapped between the hard wall and him. He is a foot taller to her, if not more. Chevalier exhales roughly, searching her eyes. Suddenly heavy with all of his attention, a tremble forms in her knees. Their uneven breaths mingle.

This is so wrong. She should pull away.

"Stop me." Chevalier's voice comes out steady and hard.

Ava stays quiet. Consent.

Chevalier lowers his mouth until his hot breath caresses the tender flesh of her neck. Ava's eyes fall shut. Waiting, waiting, waiting. His hand comes up to stroke the channels of her throat, his thumb on one side and the four fingers on the other. She lies open for him, craning her neck to give him better access.

Finally, his soft lips come down on her skin. Ava drags a jagged breath. His hand holds her in place from one side of her neck while his mouth assaults the other. He begins with kisses, then his teeth graze her before he bites down a little.

Ava lets out a small sound against her will, trying to think her way out of this.

But how can she do that when she doesn't want out?

His tongue lashes out to sooth the burn of his teeth and it all becomes too much for Ava. Her hand involuntarily clutches the back of Chevalier's neck, slithering under his soft curls, pulling him in further.

He gives into her, continuing the slow torture. She feels his wicked smile forming against her skin.

"You would let me take you right here, wouldn't you?" His eyes meet hers, hot breath blowing on her face. He smells so good, she feels buzzed.

She doesn't know how to respond, but she doesn't want to shatter the strange, dizzying trance she has let herself slip into. Ava simply tries to keep her eyes glued to his, and not let them wander to his mouth.

His mouth. She wants it back on her neck, suckling and kissing.

Then she slowly shakes her head.

"Is that so?" William raises one of her thighs to make more space for himself between her legs. He's completely over her now, if he slid a little closer he would be flush against her. "If I put my hand in your panties right now, what will I find?"

Stunned with his bluntness Ava just watches his smile turn dark. She can't possibly respond to that. "What will I find, Ava?"

That is the first time he has called her by her name. An act that feels like claiming, like there's something inside Ava that only he owns. Her stomach quivers and Ava struggles not to sound choked.

"Nothing."

"Lying to me now?"

Ava can just imagine the delicious pleasure she would feel if he touches her. Maybe he should do more than touch her.

"I think I would like to see for myself." He pulls back, but only to hook his hands under her thighs and take her with him. Holding her up with one arm, he moves some things and sits her on his desk. Slowly, he kisses up the side of her other neck and this time she lets herself moan.

"Louder." He bites her neck.

She cries out, gripping his shirt. Her legs begin to lock behind him, drawing him in further. His hands finally touch her waist, just the fingertips sliding up and down, leaving shivers in their wake. She can't take much more of this torture.