Chapter 46 - Half a Heart

Sometime a monologue and a clips of someone you love, never help the pain you feel when they leave you.

Mia hasn't been quite the same since Emily passed away.

She hasn't eaten very much, she's consumed a lot of alcohol, stopped talking and nearly quit her job. She just isn't her anymore.

We're all worried, for her and her health. She needs to stay strong but none of us ever do.

I swear James & Jenna are the only one's who can keep themselves together.

*Lace's POV*

"Laceeee"

"Hmmmph"

"Lace get up, poop"

"It's like 8am, Brad, go away"

"Lace, love, it's 3pm"

"Oh shite, really?"

"Yeah..."

"Aren't you supposed to be taking me on this 'date' later?"

"I didn't think you'd remember"

"I didn't want to, to be fair. Because, if I do recall correctly, the last time you asked me on a date you stood me up and left me in the rain while you watched my favourite movie?!"

"I'm still very sorry about that, baby"

"Hmm" I murmured into the kiss.

"I'll 'pick you up' at 4:30" He winked, walking into the spare room.

I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower, washing my hair and body.

I climbed out and blow-dried my hair, brushing it through.

I applied my makeup and put on a dress and it was 4:26.

Brad was already ready when I went downstairs, so we got into his car.

"Bradley, please tell me where we're going" I groaned after 15 minutes of Brad's insane driving.

Note To Self: Seriously, don't let Brad drive. Ever. You will die.

"We're another 15 minutes away, calm down, Lace. We have all the time we need." He gave me a stupid grin, and continued his "driving"

I prayed that Brad wouldn't put on music, because even though he has a lovely voice, he needs to concentrate on not killing us in the process.

We pulled up to a lake, the car park was close to a picnic area, and it was very cute, like tumblr cute.

"We should bring our kids here one day..." Brad smiled, breaking the non-awkward silence, as we got to roughly half way around the lake.

"Our kids?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah" He smiled awkwardly, nudging me lightly.

"Do you want to sit?" He asked, gesturing to the log bench, surrounded by trees.

I sat down next to Brad and just stayed and breathed in the air, it was nice from the typical industrial/city Birmingham air I was used to.

"This is nice" I smiled, laying on his shoulder.

"I love you" He replied, holding my hand.

"I love you too"

"Lacey, can I ask you something?"

"O'course"

"Here goes" He smiled, standing up and pulling something out of his jacket pocket and I knew.

"Lace, before I met you, I was a mess. I had nothing to go for. I was in a shitty garage band with no bassist. I was simply a man with out a meaning. Since meeting you I am proud of who I've become, there were some issues and regrets that got in our way. As a team we defeated them. I want to thank you, for being the best friend and lover I could ever imagine."

"Lacey Eloise Stevens, will you marry me?"

"Y-yes" I croaked out, sliding my arms around his neck and sobbing into his chest.

He slid the ring onto my finger, and kissed me.

"Uh, Brad. I think we should go home, it's raining" I laughed at his messy wet hobbit hair fell into his face.

The drive home was similar to the drive there, a near death experience.

When we got home, James and Jenna McVey, were sat on the sofa.

They were planning to move out soon, and start a family of their own.

"Hey, guys. You look sad what's wrong?"

"Hi, we don't really know how to tell you this..." Jenna started, and looked at James for comfort.

"I-is it Mia?"

"She's in the hospital, she collapsed and wouldn't wake up."

"Oh god, we should get down there."

// A/N; //

I've decided there is going to be 50 chapters and an epilogue, and then no sequel.
I'm sorry that there won't be a sequel, I just feel as if I do one, it'll be really boring and I feel like in the epilogue I can come to a good conclusion and it'll work out :)

Hope you enjoyed !!

- thebreakfxstclub xox