Chapter 22 - Don't Come After Me

James' P.O.V

"Camera is ready now and.....we're live" Dean smiled after projecting the image of Lace at the picnic onto the tv.

"We are geniuses" I grinned.

This was going to be hilarious, Lace being set up by Brad! (Well us)

2 hours had passed now, Lace was still waiting for Brad. She's really committed. Wow.

Was this a huge mistake?

Lace's P.O.V

I've been waiting for 3 hours for Brad and he still hasn't turned up. No text, call or anything.

Why would he do this?

Why would I risk coming on a date with him for him to stand me up?

Tears slowly began to rush down my cheeks as I stood up, starting to walk home. It had only taken James 5 minutes to drive here, (slowly I might add) so it probably won't take very long to walk home.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I walked back, then the rain started. Quickly, the rain got extremely heavy. I must look a right mess! My hair is soaked, along with my clothes and my make up was all over the place.

I found the flat and walked in sobbing to find;

Joe, Dean, Jen, Jess, James, Connor, Tristan and Brad all watching a movie. Which looked to be The Breakfast Club – my favourite movie.

So Brad stood me up then they all watched my favourite movie? Did they not think to remind Brad about the date? Why would they do this? Revenge?

"What's going on here?" I sobbed

"Lace why are you soaking wet, what happened, why are you dressed like that?" Brad asked, diverting his eyes from the tv

"I thought you had changed Brad! I thought you were different but no, you just stood me up. You don't even care about me do you?"

"What? I never stood you up, I didn't ask you on a date, what are you talking about?"

"What?,"

"Oh wait, this was just revenge wasn't it, from the twitter thing, huh?"

"Lace, we are so sorry we di-"

"No James, save it. I don't care. I thought I had made friends in you guys, but no. You just put me back together and break me down again, don't you?"

"Lace we-"

"Shut up! I don't want to here your excuses"

I walked up the stairs and packed most of my things, electronics, make up and clothes and had a shower, dried my hair and jumped into bed.

(2 hours later)

I jumped out of bed, it was now about 11:30 everyone was in bed so I got up, shoved on a top, jeans, coat and a beanie, took my suitcase and went downstairs.

I quickly wrote a note so they'd know I was okay.

Hey Guys,

I'm still upset about what happened earlier,

but I need time to clear my head.

Please don't come looking for me, I need some alone time.

Yours,

Lacey x

I shoved on my boots, despite it being the middle of October, it was freezing cold in England so I was dressed as if it was December.

I walked round the corner to the local train station and found the ticket booth. Even though it was 11:30 at night, the trains ran pretty much 24/7.

"One ticket to-"

Cliffhanger, Sorry Guys!

I wonder where Lacey's off to? Can you guess?

Comment where you think she's going!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I am off school now but unfortunately I'm going away and where I'm going doesn't have WiFi so I don't know when the next update will be (I'll try and write a bigger chapter before I go so you have something to read)

I'll probably end up writing a lot while I'm there so you'll quite a few chapters when I get back! Yay!

- asparkflies x