Chapter 14 - This has to be a dream

Laura's P.O.V.

           "Rocky, call 911!" Stormie is doesn't show a single drop of fear.

           My arm has a tingly sensation with more than a dash of pain, that has now spread to my whole body.

           I scream in agony.

           "Laura, don't worry it's going to be okay just don't give in to the darkness. Don't ever leave me." He whispers. Tears dwell in his eyes.

            The darkness seems so peaceful. No! Don't think like that I need to fight for Ross! For Vanessa. For everyone. I can't put anyone through the pain and anxiety.

            It only takes a couple seconds to know I won't hold on much longer. My goal of staying awake has vanished. My new goal is to wake up again.

           "I love you." I say breathlessly.

            My eyes clamp shut and I'm out like the light.

Ross's P.O.V

            "No. Laura, wake up! You're the only girl I've ever loved. You give me a reason to enjoy life. I can't lose you." My voice cracks and I'm crying my eyes out. I don't care. I love her.

              Arms pull me off Laura's limp figure. I can't do anything. I feel nothing. Paramedics rush in and carry her out just like that.   

             "Ross! Get a fucking grip! You need to be there if Laura wakes up. We need to get to the hospital." Rydel gives me a slap to the face. Literally.

           "When she wakes up." I corrected.

            "You don't know what it's like to have the most important thing in your life taken away from you." I look into my sister's eyes.

             "I do." Her eyes turn cold. "Laura, needs you. End of conversation."

              I don't say a word as I drag myself to the waiting car. My whole family is here.

              The drive to the hospital was painfully silent.

             "I'm here to see a patient."

             "What's the patient's name?" The nurse lady questions.

              I suck in a breath.

              "Laura Marano."

------------
Author's Notes

        Who else is wondering what happened to Laura? The next chapter will reveal it, don't worry. Love you lots!