Calling On The Goblins

" Sarah, it's time to put your sister and brother down for their naps," my stepmother yelled from downstairs. I was in my room reading. 

"Coming," I replied back, as always, my typical Saturday night. I rushed down the steps, knowing how impatient she could get if I didn't come down fast enough for her. 

" Your father and I should be back around midnight. If you need any help with taking care of them, the list is on the fridge, okay?" 

"All right. Have fun", knowing that I wouldn't be having any at all. 

My father and stepmother then left the house in their car. 

"Well, it's time for you to go to sleep, you little brat. I have homework to do." Then, just to annoy me more to no end, Alyssa starts crying. Thankfully, Toby was sleeping soundly. He knew better after he was kidnapped and taken to a world that he and I knew about. He had some vague memories of it. It used to give him nightmares. So, with Alyssa still crying and making noise I take her into her room, lay her down in her crib, tuck her in, and turn off the light. And just as if an alarm was sounded to evacuate a building due to a state of emergency or a fire drill, five minutes later, she started crying again. 

" Oh my gosh! Sometimes I just wish that I could live in the Underground, not see you anymore, and be with Jareth again. At least he enjoys my company and doesn't have a problem with being around him," I stormed out of my parent's room and slammed the door when I went into mine. Just then, it was silent in the house. I didn't hear Alyssa crying anymore. I opened my bedroom door to see why and I was looking out over a beautiful landscape, full of life and magnificent creatures surrounding me. Then, I saw the labyrinth that I'd once solved before in front of me and immediately knew where I was.