Chapter 13

I was still pretty mad about the doctors attempts to turn us straight. I don't care what type of point he was making. All I knew was as soon as I saw that costume and makeup I couldn't be there any more. I just couldn't. I parked near the park to fix my leg. I put the bandages on straight and wrapped it even more. I didn't want Carter to see me hurting. After I fixed my leg I decided to walk to the park from here. I would be nice to just walk and think. Soon as I got out the car though I saw Carter, waving at me. I really didn't know how she knew where I was at the exact time I would be there but okay. "Hey!! Al !!!" That name brought back too many memories. That's what my parents use to call me before we became an unstable home. Just like that I was lost in my thoughts.. "Umm Alex?!" "Oh sorry hey Carter." I noticed how well groomed she was as a person. Her hair seemed perfect. Every curl just happen to be in the right place. Her eyes was just as perfect as they always have been. She started to notice I was staring at her and she smiled. She had braces but her teeth where straight. I could tell she didn't have any make up on but she was still amazing in every way. I started to blush, but why? I mean, here I am just admiring her in her glory. She was just simply beautiful. It seemed as if we were staring at each for hours. All of a sudden my smile vanished. "I thought he was gay, I know my God and I know he doesn't like confusion." "Yep! Just like a quarter. You either one or the other. And once a faggot always a faggot." I know those familiar voices. I heard them before. And then came the laugh. The laugh was distinct that it was impossible for me not to know who it is. All of sudden Carter spoke. "Hmm. God don't like ugly either, he especially don't like you guys!" I turned around to face the old ladies who know started to jog faster. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I started to laugh. "That was so corny,I thought you were going to saw something cool." She smiled and then she started to laugh her self. I mean it was funny. "I'll admit, if I had waited longer I could have came up with something." I laughed even harder. "I bet." I looked up at her and she was laughing just as hard as I was. Maybe even harder. Hold on wait something isn't right. I saw her laughing but inside I could tell she was lonely. When I looked up at her start in her eyes I can see the same pain I felt growing up. For that second, that quick, short second, I saw her true self, and her true self was in desperate need of help. I saw how the boys treated her in school. I saw how they disrespected her, just because she was a female, an attractive one at that. She did the most for me, all because she needed a friend. It was all making sense now. I knew of my pain and saw we had the same pain, and decided to become friends with me because she knew I wasn't going to treat her like everyone else does. I saw her true intention for coming today. I saw it all in her eyes. How could I not figure this out sooner. For that second she let her guard down and I saw everything. She gave the attention those boys were looking for all this time and I was so stupid to see that while she was doing it she was hurting. I have to fix this. She has been there for me, and so now it's time to return the favor. I stepped back into reality and tapped her shoulder. She looked up and saw I was crying. I was crying because of how stupid I was. I looked at her for another good second and I gave her a hug. I real hug. Then I decided I need to speak. I opened my mouth but I couldn't say anything. Her grip was getting tighter. She needed that hug more than I needed anything in life. I can tell she knew exactly why I was crying and she knew exactly what was going on.. I felt tears falling from her face.. I gained consciousness. "If YOU need ANYTHING, you can come to ME." She smiled. For a while we were in a parking lot, not to far from a park, hugging and crying like we haven't seen each other in years. This was the first time in my life I felt like I had someone there for me, and I know she felt the same way.