22

When the train pulled into Kings Cross in London, Harry led his friends onto the platform. It was easy enough to find Molly waiting for them near the exit. Druella Zabini was there, along with Cyrus, Augusta, and Hermione's parents.

Molly fussed over all of them, shedding tears over her grown up 'babies'. She couldn't believe they had graduated already.

After several minutes, she turned to the whole group and beamed. "We're all going back to McGonagall Castle tonight. We'll have a nice party to celebrate, how does that sound?"

Everyone nodded their agreement, and they quickly headed towards the Floo section of Kings Cross. Harry knew that Sirius and Remus were both caught up at Hogwarts still, finishing up some grading and getting things ready for the break, which was why they hadn't come to collect him. Likewise, the other adults in their group were still at work, and would meet them later in the evening.

So, how does it feel to be a graduate? Ginny asked, as they lined up to step through the Floo.

Harry glanced at her sidelong. Honestly, it hasn't really sunk in yet.

Ginny smiled. Just give it some time. I'm glad you're going to be at school next year, though. I wouldn't want to go a whole year without you.

Harry nodded slightly, so as not to draw attention from the rest of the group. That's the idea. I'm not sure about the job, really, but it seems simple enough. I'm a good flyer, and I've had a lot of practice with teaching, so it should be no problem. Aunt Minerva said that Madam Hooch can stay on part time for the first couple of months if needed, to referee the first Quidditch game. I'm going to study and sit the test hopefully before the term ends, since I can't referee without having that certification.

Ginny nodded slightly, as Harry gave her hand a squeeze before stepping into the fireplace, followed quickly by his wife, and then Molly, who was the last one through.

The party began as soon as they arrived, with good food and laughter. Minerva, Remus, and Sirius arrived shortly after the group from the station, and Amelia, Kingsley, Arthur, Frank, Alice, and Tonks came a bit later, from the Ministry. Bill, Fleur, Fred, and George arrived from Diagon Alley around the same time. Charlie had returned to Romania just a few weeks after the term had begun, but they would send him an invitation to Harry and Ginny's wedding, so he could meet them in Greece.

The evening passed pleasantly, with the large group sharing stories of their own experiences in school, and how they had felt after graduating.

They spoke of Harry and Ginny's upcoming wedding, set for August Twenty-Ninth. The group would arrive at Sirius' island three days beforehand, and most of them would depart on the morning of the Thirtieth. Harry and Ginny would stay on the island for a mini-honeymoon, and would be back in London on the morning of the First, so that Ginny could take the train to school. Harry would head to Hogwarts separately, as he would be a teacher now, not a student.

Towards the end of the evening, the adults congregated in the dining room, while the teenagers migrated outside, enjoying the crisp and clear night.

They sat on the patio, drinking butterbeer and talking about their future plans.

Daphne had apparently received quite a recommendation from Snape, and had gotten a tentative apprenticeship with a renowned Potions Mistress, pending notification of her NEWT scores; presuming her grades were satisfactory, she would begin immediately after the wedding.

Blaise, similarly, had an interview for an apprenticeship lined up at St. Mungos next week. If that went well, and if his NEWT scores were acceptable, he would likely start after the wedding as well.