23

A few days later, the large group gathered at McGonagall Castle, and took international portkeys created by Sirius. They landed in Greece a short while later, marveling at the deep blue-green ocean that surrounded them, and the crisp white beach. Charlie's own portkey from Romania, sent along with his wedding invitation, deposited him on the beach at nearly the same time.

Sirius led them into the large mansion that was the only structure on the small island. There was Floo access in the mansion, but the island itself had no other inhabitants. The nearest magical community was in Athens, and the house elves took care of making sure the kitchen was stocked.

Sirius gave everyone a quick tour, and they all disappeared into their bedrooms to change, before spending the rest of the day on the beach.

The major news at dinner that evening came from the most recently married couple. Tonks found herself under scrutiny when she refused the glass of wine offered to her. Blushing furiously, she and Remus shared their happy news: they were going to become parents.

Everyone was ecstatic, congratulating them loudly, and Sirius quickly had the house elves bring up some champagne to toast. Tonks got her very own glass of sparkling cider, and the evening turned into a festive party.

Tonks found Ginny and Harry later, and apologized for taking stealing some of their spotlight.

Harry just shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Tonks. We're really happy for you."

Tonks beamed and gave them both a hug before she headed up to bed with Remus.

XXX

The group spent several days enjoying the sand and surf, and exploring the foreign magical community. Athens' version of Diagon Alley was more of an open marketplace, with stalls set up that sold everything from cauldrons to fresh produce. Snape eagerly bought several potions ingredients that couldn't be found in Britain, while Hermione had to be pulled away from the bookseller, where she had disappeared into a large tome on the history of magical Greece.

The morning of the wedding dawned bright and hot, and everyone was up early getting ready. The girls congregated in Ginny's room to prepare, while the boys went to Harry's. Molly had insisted that the two sleep in separate rooms the night before. She knew they were already married, but she wanted them to uphold some of the traditions, such as not seeing each other before the ceremony.

By late afternoon, the group began to gather in anticipation of the ceremony. The house elves had set up the simple alter on a stretch of beach just beyond the mansion. It was covered in flowers - lilies and orchids - as well as some light grey tulle that fluttered in the sea breeze, and dark green vines that wound around the four posts of the alter. The white chairs were all facing the alter, and the ocean. They had timed the ceremony perfectly so that it would take place at sunset.

Grey tulle was affixed to each chair lining the aisle, a small bouquet of sea green and white roses attached at each chair.

A boardwalk was set up down the aisle and under the alter. This had been added so that Ginny's dress wouldn't get too covered in sand, and allowing her to walk easily in her heels. Her wedding dress wasn't exactly beach appropriate, but it meant so much to both Harry and Ginny, that she was wearing Lily's dress, so they had added the harder surface to make it easier.

Sharptooth was the last guest to arrive. He had been surprised to receive an invitation, and accepted it willingly. Harry had given him a portkey that would take him to the island before the ceremony, and return him to England whenever he wished to depart.

The goblin took a seat next to Bill and Fleur, who greeted him with respectful nods.

When the guests were all seated, invisible music began to play, and Harry took his spot at the alter with Amelia, who was officiating, and Ron.