I

Rosie's POV

"You're out."

It was like my heart stopped beating. it had been racing earlier, but now it just ceased to even make a move.

"What do you mean I'm out? You can't just run away from this."

I put my hand on my stomach, as he laughed. How could he do this to me, especially when I was carrying his baby.

"You're out of the Soc, Rosie. Can't have you running around here claiming that thing is mine."

He fiddled his finger, pointing towards the thing living inside of me.

"Please.. Don't do this to me. Remember it's not just you whose reputation is on the line."

I begged him not to leave me.

"But the thing is, I don't care about what people think about you. It's only been about me this past year and I'm telling you I can't have a kid right now. Especially with you.."

He shut the door to his parent's house right in my face, leaving me standing in the freezing November air. I didn't really know what to do. My boyfriend and father of our future baby has abandoned me, I've been kicked out of the Soc, and my parents would disown me if they ever found out about the child.

I thought for a while. Could that certain "A" word erase all the pain and hurt away that I may endure? All the rough times ahead living as a single mother?

No, I couldn't do it.

What happened was meant to happen.

I walked out a ways, right in front of his window. I tried to see if I could see him. Maybe he was still watching me.. Maybe he was going to walk out any minute and beg me to take him back.

But what I noticed was that his blinds were closed and the lights were off.

I clutched my chest, as it tightened in betrayal. I would've collapsed right there but then I realized he doesn't deserve to see me cry.

I just wrapped my jacket closer to her body, as the chill began to seep to my bones.

+++++

It wasn't a long walk to my house, maybe 5 minutes. I unlocked the front door and headed immediately to my room. My parents weren't home because they were on a business trip. They were always on business trips..

I slammed the door to my room and began packing right away. I wasn't going to face my parents. I was just going to waltz away quietly and see if they ever even noticed that I left.

I packed every article of clothing I had; a couple pairs of shoes, my winter coat, the stash of cash under my mattress, and lastly, the guitar that I received as a gift last year for my birthday. I would never leave without taking it.

I smoothed down my Mahogany Brown hair and gave myself one last look. This was the last time I would ever step foot in this house again..

I raced down the stairs, bags in hand, and caught the afternoon bus. I didn't care where it was going to, I just got on and worried about the rest later.

+++++

I didn't realize it, but I had fell asleep in my seat. The driver yelled to where I was sitting.

"M'mam this is the last stop of the day."

I snapped out of my sleep and grabbed my things. I looked around and didn't even notice where I was at. I walked over to the front of bus and stopped right where the driver was.

"Sir.. Where am I?" I bent over the top of his seat and asked him.

"Why little lady, you're on the East side of town."

'The East Side of town?' I thought. How long was I asleep? It was nightfall now and I didn't have anywhere to lay my head down.

"Okay sir, umm.. Do you know anywhere I can spend the night? I've never really been on this side of town.."

"Actually, we've stopped right in front of a little bar that has some rooms on top of it. I thought maybe you'd need somewhere to stay."

I chuckled a bit.

"And what would make you think that?"

"Because a young girl like you would never travel around with that many bags unless she was going somewhere." He looked down at my bags.

"Thank you sir. How much do I owe you?" I asked, pulling out my wallet.

"Hey, it's on me tonight. Just as long as you don't tell nobody." He winked at me and I thanked that old man.

I walked off the bus and knocked on the door to the bar. A tall, burly man answered and gave me a weird look.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Yes, I just got off the bus and the driver said there were some available rooms here. I don't really know my way around town."

The tall man pursed his lips.

"Okay, follow me and stay very close. This is a bar after all.."

He opened the door wide enough for me to enter, then slammed the door behind me.

The man shoved his way through the drunken crowd, as I followed close behind him. I received lots of glares before I made her way upstairs. The man unlocked the last door on the left and we walked through the door.

It was a small bedroom, barely fitted for one. It had a twin-size bed, a small bedside table, a dresser, and a bathroom with a shower. The room was plain, but livable.

"This is it. The sheets are in the bedside table drawer. The rent is 10 dollars a month, and if you need anything, come find me. My name is Buck."

Buck left the room and I just fell back on the bed. I closed my eyes and before I realized it, I was fast asleep.

+++++