XIV

Dallas hasn't talked to me in a week. I mean it's not like he talks to me anyways, but he doesn't even look at me. I hate to admit it, but I'll play my guitar as loud as I can in my apartment to get a reaction out of him...

But still there is nothing.

Today was going to be different though, I am going to walk up to his door and knock on it until he answers.

I proceeded to jump off my bed and slip on my sandals before opening and closing my apartment door behind me. Walking up to his door, I steadied my breath (since I was holding it) and began banging my fist on his door.

"Hold on! Geez!" I could hear behind the door and something loud crashed.

The door knob violently rattled and I took in the sight in front of me.

Dallas was filthy. His hair was a mess, his clothes had stains on them, and from what I could see, his apartment was trashed with garbage.

Then he started fading out of my sight, as I realized he was shutting the door on me. I stuck my foot in the doorway and the hard impact against the door almost made me cry.

"Please, we need to talk about what happened." I whispered, hoping nobody would hear.

"What do you mean? Nothing happened. It was just a little kiss." He nervously laughed.

"Yeah, a little kiss that led you into getting socked in the face by Two-Bit." His eye was almost healed, but it was still blood shot.

I pushed the door open and walked into his apartment. I began picking his trash up, trying to get the space clean for him.

"What are you doing?" I turned around from cleaning and glared at him.

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm cleaning your apartment." I bent over and started picking up more trash on his ground.

"Stop, Rosie." He lifted me up and held both of my wrists in his hand. His 6 foot stature was towering over my 5 foot, 2 inch body. I could feel his breath on my face and how unsteady his grip was on me.

"Stop. You need to go.." Dallas let go of my hands. He ran a hand threw his greased up hair, as if it wasn't messy enough.

"I don't understand.. I'm trying to help you!" At this point, I could feel my pregnancy hormones kick in as I started getting upset with Dal.

"The only way you could help me right now is by leaving my apartment! Don't you get it?"

I finally had enough.

"No I don't get it! I'm stressed out of my mind, Two hasn't talked to me since the dance, my job is so awful, and I'm always just puking my guts out!"

Ironically, after reciting the last part of my rant, I could feel my head start spinning and the next thing I knew, all I seen was black.

+++++

Dally's POV

+++++

Before Rosie could fall to the floor, I lurched forward and caught her in my arms.

"Rosie.. please hear me baby, it's gonna be alright.." I scrolled her up Bridal-style and rushed down the stairs to grab Buck's keys.

I laid Rosie in the passenger seat beside me, while I drove at lightning speed to get her to the hospital.

+++++

"Sir, we need you to calm down. She is just fine. We're gonna run a few more tests on her and she should be back awake, okay?"

Rosie had been taken back as soon as I got in the door, and nobody told me where they had taken her.

To be honest, I was scared out of my brains. The guys needed to be here.

"Okay, okay... Do you have a telephone?" I asked.

"Of course, right over here." I ran in the direction the nurse pointed me too and used all the change in my pocket to call the guys.

In no time, all of them were there and helping me calm down. What kind of tests could take this long?

As if on cue, the nurse walked in and we all stood up at the same time.

"All of you with the patient?" She asked and we all nodded.

"How is she nurse?" Darry asked.

"She is in stable condition right now, and should be waking up soon. She was hydrated and had a bit of bleeding from her uterus, but everything is okay and the baby is doing fine also.."

The baby?

"Wait, what do you mean? A baby?" Two-Bit asked suspiciously.

"After a thorough examination, Miss Rosie seems to be atleast 12-16 weeks pregnant. Did any of you know?" The nurse asked wearily.

"No, none of us knew..." Soda replied.

"Well, she is almost halfway through her pregnancy, so she will be making monthly visit to our hospital's obstetrician. You all may visit her room until she wakes up."

The boys all nodded their heads and the nurse walked away promptly. They all stayed quiet for a couple of minutes and sat down in their seats, just taking in everything..

"What in God's green earth just happened here?" Steve suddenly broke the silence.

"Rosie is pregnant.. But how?" Darry said, and all the boys looked at Two-Bit.
He had his face in his hands and slowly shook his head 'no', before getting out of his seat and storming out. 

Everybody stayed silent for the next couple of moments after that. They all had the same thought.. they pitied Two-Bit.

Rosie had changed him in many ways, but for the better mostly. He tried to stay as sober as he could while they were seeing each other, but now the boys could tell he was really broken.

It would be no surprise if he ended up at Buck's or in jail tonight.

+++++

Rosie's POV

+++++

I was awakened by the sound of a door creaking open. My vision was hazy for some odd reason, but I could tell that I was in the hospital. The last thing I remember is Dallas catching me as I fell down.

"Rosie.." I heard a small voice callout and I knew who it was instantly..

Ponyboy.

"Hey bud.."

I blinked my eyes a couple of more times and I looked at Pony's face. He wouldn't look me in the eye.

"What's wrong, Ponyboy?"

"How are you.. and the baby feeling?"