IV

Rosie's POV

"So where do you live?" Two-Bit asked as we walked out of the Curtis's front door.

"I don't really know what it is called. It's a bar that has rooms on the upstairs floor. My landlord's name is Buck, if that helps." I said, putting my hands in my skirt pockets.

"Oh yeah, I know exactly how to get there."

We walked in silence for about 5 minutes until the chattering of my teeth must've alarmed Two-Bit.

"What's wrong Rosie? Are you cold?" He said, taking off his black leather jacket.

"N-no, it's just a b-bit breezy ton-night." I said, in the most clearest way possible.

I didn't want Two-Bit to have to sacrifice his own jacket for me.

"Rosie, I know when somebody is cold. Now here, take my jacket." He said, holding it out for me to take.

"A-are you s-sure?"

Two-Bit nodded, and I slipped on that puppy as fast as I could. His jacket was really warm and smelled like malt and cherries. Really weird, but also soothing at the same time.

"So Rosie, how old are you?" He asked.

"I just turned 16 in August. What about you?" I asked back.

"I'm 18 and a half and wait, you're only 16?" I nodded and laughed.

"Yeah, born in 1943. My mom always told me I was a 'war baby'. My dad was enlisted for 2 years and he finally came home a week after the war. I was about 2 years old then and my mom said it was one of the most happiest moments of her life.."

We turned the corner of the street that lead to my house and I could see Two-Bit was twiddling his thumbs. His eyebrows were creased and I could tell he was thinking long and hard about something.

"I was a war baby too."

He looked down at the ground and continued to twiddle his thumbs.

I didn't press him anymore because I could tell something was bothering his mind when we talked about it. So we just walked in silence, side by side, until I reached the entrance of the bar. I turned around and stared up at Two-Bit.

"Thanks for bringing me home. You really didn't have too."

He scratched the back of his neck.

"No, I needed too. The Soc can play unfair sometimes and I would've worried the whole night if I didn't make sure that you got home safely."

I blushed a little bit by this response and he smiled.

"Well tell the boys they can come over to my house anytime. Here's your jacket."

I held it out for him to take and he smiled.

"Just hold it for me." Was all he said before walking away.

I stood at the entrance for a while and waved at Two-Bit when he looked back at me.

He waved back and that's when I finally knocked on the door. I slipped his jacket back on and whenever the doors opened, I seen someone that I absolutely hated already.

"You!" I said pointing to him.

"You! What are you doing here!" He replied.

It was Dally, ya know, the one who accused me of being a psychopathic Soc that would willingly want to get her face sliced open? Yeah that's the one.

"Umm, I live here?" I said, in a sarcastic voice.

"No, no you can't live here, of all places!" Dally yelled towards the bar, "Buck!"