VI

Rosie's POV

3 hours before the date.

"I wonder where Two-Bit could be taking me?" I asked myself out loud.

I was kinda hoping it was nothing grand, because I don't really have any nice clothing. I left it all behind the day I left home.

"Well, I have a few hours before Two-Bit is coming to get me so.." I picked up my guitar and started to strum.

I could play pretty well and sing also. My dad always taught me how to play music, having guitar lessons with me every week until I knew how to play-by-ear. I really cherished those moments with him..

Snapping out of my train of thoughts, I put my fingers on the first chord of my favorite song and began to sing along to it.

"You're mine and we belong together;
Yes, we belong together,for eternity.

You're mine, your lips belong to me;
Yes, they belong to only me,for eternity.

You're mine, my baby and you'll always be.
I swear by everything I own,
You'll always, always be mine.

You're mine, and we belong together;
Yes, we belong together, for eternity."

I strummed the last chords and just sat there smiling. Ritchie Valens was my favorite singer of all time. So sad that he's been dead for 5 years now..

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Literally the whole ground shook and I was pretty angry at whoever was beatin' at my door.

I opened the door to be greeted by a minacing Dallas Winston.

"Hey, do you think you could shut up for once in your life?" Dally asked, in a forceful voice. His beaty, blue eyes stared holes into my soft, hazel ones.

"How about no?" I was so irritated with this dude's attitude.

"I hate people like you, ya know that?" He slammed his hand against the door frame and that's when I pushed him.

"What is your problem!" I screamed in his face, slamming the door behind me.

The last expression on his face was really surprised. Like he couldn't believe that I had done that to him, but I was just so irritated.

I jumped onto my bed, when I got a sniff of something that did not agree with me. I ran to the bathroom and puked my guts out for literally five minutes.

Again? Really?

I just wiped my mouth off and put my hand on my stomach.

"You're just a little trouble maker, ain't cha? Just like your father, huh?" I asked the little thing growing in me.

This was really the first conversation I've ever had with my little peanut. When I realized that, I just crawled up in my bathroom tub and cried my eyes out.

I don't really know why I was crying, or why I decided to lay down in the tub, but it oddly felt good. Like I was finally getting out every emotion that I had experienced the past 2 weeks. Sadness, betrayal, disappointment.. All of those things I could literally feel pouring out through my tears.

"I promise you that I will never let you go through anything like mommy is going through, baby. I cross my heart." I sat in the tub for I don't even know how long, before finally getting up and looking at myself in the mirror.