IX

"Go Johnny! Go!" I screamed as Johnny caught the ball.

Today the boys decided that they wanted to have a football game at the lot. I tagged along because Soda called and invited me earlier that morning saying that today was a snow day, so all of us could get together.

I was definitely excited to go, because I've been having a lot of thoughts about the baby. I mean I haven't even visited the doctors about he, or she, yet..

But obviously, I couldn't go without somebody driving me since I don't have my driver's license... And I can't go without him being there also.

"That's halftime!" I heard Darry yell.

Darry and Soda were team captains and currently Darry's team was winning by several points. Maybe it's because Soda chose Pony and Johnny while Darry chose Dallas, Two-Bit, and Steve.

The boys made their way over towards me, which was under the big oak tree. They all sat in a circle, chatting and drinking from the water bottles they brought from home.

Obviously Two-Bit and Johnny sat beside me, but I could also see Dally seating across from me also.

All of them were burning up, even though I kept on tugging my coat closer to me because of the cold weather. It had to of been 30 degrees or lower by now.

I was shivering by now and I couldn't help but chatter my teeth. But then suddenly I felt a warm arm wrap around my shoulder and pull me into them.

It was Two.

I looked up and smiled then snuggled my head closer to his chest. He was so warm and I couldn't help it.

"Why don't y'all get a room!" I heard Steve yell, while all the boys started laughing.

I started laughing too, my cheeks probably getting redder by the minute. Then I felt a soft touch being pressed against my cheek.

He kissed me.

In front of everybody..

I just blushed and looked at the ground. All the boys started oohing and I looked back up at them, rolling my eyes at the same time.

The boys all continued their former conversations after that, while Two-Bit and I just cuddled next to each other, under the shady tree. I suddenly felt a strong urge in my stomach.

I had to go pee. IMMEDIATELY.

"Hey, I need to go to the Ladies' room. I'll be right back." I slowly paced towards the restroom, making sure not to wet myself in the process.

Once I stepped behind the crummy, campground-like restroom, I sprinted towards the nearest stall and let it all out. I guess one of the things about being pregnant is having to urinate at awkward times.

I was almost done when I noticed somebody else entered the bathroom.

I mean, I thought I was the only girl at The Lot today.. Maybe somebody just showed up.

I then pulled my undergarments up, and fastened my belt, making sure my skirt was secure on my hips.

I listened as the person entered the stall next to me and that is when I almost had a heart attack. I looked down at their feet and noticed a pair of brown leather Brogues with khaki pants. 

Whoever was beside me was definitely a Soc. And a male one at that.

"Hello Rosie."

It was him. Oh boy, it was his voice.

"W-what are you do-doing here..?" I asked, nervous that he even found me.

"I wanted to see how my baby is doing."

I fled out of the stall and almost made it to the door until he grabbed me from behind, picking me up and holding me.

I was honestly scared for my life.. And the baby's life at this point. He overpowered me.

I mean, you're not suppose to man-handle a pregnant lady.

So I started punching him both in fear and anger. A whole month of him blocking me out felt like an eternity. I loved him..

But now, I hate him.

All that bottled frustration and endless nights of tossing and turning, all came out in one simple encounter.

My punches became weaker as I started crying in his arms. I could barely see his expression through my cloudy vision.

He looked stone-cold, featuring a deep-set wrinkle in his forehead and eyebrows that furrowed together.

He grabbed a hold of my hands and shook them a bit to make me stop hitting him.

He tried bringing me into a hug, probably to restrain me from hitting him anymore, but I forcibly pushed him away.

"I hate you!"

He didn't even look me in the eyes. I could feel my temperature rising just looking at him standing there.

He should be ashamed of himself. Does he really think he can just show up like this and everything will go back to the way it used to be 2 months ago?

"You need to go. Now. I don't need you here for me, or my baby. Just get out." I turned around, making sure my back was facing him.

"Rosie, I'm not leaving until you tell me you are coming back to the West Side." I felt his breath against my neck and that's when I whipped my body back around to face him.

"How dare you even ask me to do that! It's never going to be the same! Don't you understand that? It would be different if we were together but we aren't.. And I'm still pregnant, remember? So no, I will never go back to the West Side!" I ran out the door, and back over to the tree the boys were still sitting under.

I plopped down in the spot I was sitting before I went to the restroom, trying to catch my breath. I looked over my shoulder, making sure nobody was there.

Thankfully, I didn't see anybody.

"Hey Rosie, you okay? You sure look frightened." Darry asked, as all the boys turned their attention to me.

"Uhh yeah Dar, I just seen a.. mouse in the bathroom and ran out real quick. It's gone now though... How about we start the game back again?"

The boys all shook their head, and reassembled back in a team before resuming the game like nothing ever happened..

+++++

Sorry for the slow update. Maybe I'll post another chapter tonight? Vote if you'd like that!

Much love, SG