II

Rosie's POV

One week later..

Ring. Ring. Ring.

The buzzer of my alarm was chiming. It was time for me to go to work.

I tried to choose a job that nobody would ever expect so I took on working at the East Side grocery store. It was boring, but it paid by the hour, so I wasn't complaining..

I sat up in my bed and knew it was coming. I ran to the bathroom and held my hair back over the toilet, as I emptied all the contents that could still be in my stomach. Had I ate something bad last night?

I fell onto the cold floor after I was done and brought my knees to her chest. The nausea was nothing like I've felt before.

It was the baby.

I lifted myself off the floor and started the bath water. The warm water relaxed my body, as I thought of all the customers who might come in today.

Once I was done, I wrapped a towel around myself, and headed to my dresser to find my work outfit. It was a simple green polo with a khaki skirt. I pinned my name tag to my shirt and headed to the bathroom to fix my hair.

My hair was naturally straight so I just pulled it up in a cute little ponytail and tied a white bow around it. I pulled out my makeup from the drawer beside me and applied some powder and rouge. I combed some black mascara through my black lashes and was officially out the door.

I walked down the stairs and waved goodbye to Buck as I exited the bar. I had a few minutes to spare so I decided to walk to the next bus stop over. It was in front of a little shopping complex, and it took only 3 or 4 minutes to get there.

I sat at the bus stop for barely a minute, until the bus pulled up. The bus driver opened the doors and I looked for a place to sit down. I scanned the bus and noticed a boy with light brown, greased up hair in the back. I decided to sit in the middle of the bus to avoid him because he looked like trouble.

Not long after I sat down, the boy moved into the seat next to me.

"Hey little darlin', what's your name?" He asked.

"That's for me to know and for you not to know." I retorted.

"Ooh, you're a bit sassy, huh? I like it."

I just stared down at my feet. The boy was staring at me, I knew he was. He shifted around in his seat before talking again.

"Well, my name is Two-Bit Mathews." I was surprised by his name so I gave him a confused look.

"Two-Bit? What kinda name is that?" I asked, laughing at him.

"Because I always have to add in my 'two-bits' when it comes to anything. My friends came up with it." He said, smirking at me.

"Well, that makes sense I guess. My name is Rosie, Rosie Smithart." I stuck out my hand and Two-Bit shook it.

"Rosie, such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl." I blushed a little before regaining my composure.

He will for sure flirt with me once I tell him I'm pregnant...not.

I looked out the window and noticed that I was almost to my stop, the last stop of the afternoon. I rang my buzzer to signal that this was my stop.

"Gone so soon, eh?" I shrugged.

"I wish I didn't have to get off but I have to pay for the rent so.."

I stood up out of my seat and Two-Bit mimicked my very actions. I thought he was going to get off the bus too but he just stood the door, as I exited the bus.

"This is the last stop of the day. Aren't you getting off?" I asked.

Two-Bit smirked.

"My stop was three stops back."
The bus doors closed, as I stood in astonishment of the character that was Two-Bit Mathews.

+++++

It was finally time to get off work. My manager didn't work me as long as my other co-workers because I was only 16, so we decided I get off work when school lets out.

The bus stop was empty, as usual, so I just sat there alone, waiting for the bus to show up. I seen some of the kids walking down the street, with smiles plastered on their faces. That used to be me, until I dropped out a couple months ago.

I was still in the Soc and thought that school was not important at all. That I would just marry one of Soc boys and never have to work a day in my life..

Boy was I wrong.

I waited at the bus stop for 10 more minutes before deciding to walk home. I didn't know my way exactly, but I just assumed if I get lost, I could just ask somebody.

I crossed the street then decided to go left. Going left led me down an alleyway and I noticed something strange.

A mustang?

I walked down the alleyway faster and noticed something that took my breath away.

A group of Soc were beating up this poor little kid. I ran towards the scene and decided I needed to break it up.

"Hey you! Yeah you punk! Why don't you pick on somebody your own size!"

All the Soc boys turned around and stared at me. They backed away from the wounded boy and started to surround me.

"Yeah, and who would that be?"

One of the boys put his arm around my neck as the others restricted my arms. The "leader" of the group opened his switchblade and that's when I got scared. He must of noticed.

"What's wrong little missy? Cat got you tongue?" He kept his blade on my face, but didn't cut me. He got up close to my ear before whispering something chilling.

"Don't think we don't know who you are.. Because we do." I closed my eyes, almost on the verge of crying.

I suddenly felt him being ripped away from me, and the sharp blade being pulled across my face. I screamed in pain as the other guys who were restricting me let go too. Why did they let go of me?

I opened my eyes and seen a whole group of boys scaring off the Soc. Who were these people who saved me?

I grabbed my face in pain and one of the boys noticed me on the ground. He had dark brown eyes with dark skin and greased-up hair.

"Hurry follow me!" I grabbed his hand and jumped off the ground, unaware of what I just got myself into..