Chapter 16- Ricky

Chapter 16: Ricky

I ran into the patch of woods near the school. Everything happened in a blur. I touched her! I held her in my arms! She cried into my chest! I hadn't expected for our meeting to go that well, but I was craving her presence too much to not at least touch her.

And now I knew I couldn't wait any longer. I knew I didn't want to make the same mistake I'd made with all the others. I didn't want to move too fast with Sophie. I didn't know what it was, but there was something extraordinarily special about her. I wasn't going to mess this up again- I couldn't afford to. The police were getting closer and closer to me, and unless I worked quickly, I couldn't be with Sophie ever. I knew I had made past mistakes, and I was willing to risk anything to be with Sophie. Even if that meant I had to take her away sooner than I had originally planned.

~

The sun was setting as I pried my knife between the window lock and clicked it open. I slowly slid the window up and crawled inside her room. Neither of the cars were in the driveway, and there was only one cop parked out in front of her house. It was strange- ever since I saw her at the school, the most police activity I'd seen was outside of the main building. Since this afternoon, I'd been watching her house from the trees in the backyard. I'd seen no movement inside her house. It gave me a bad feeling.

I walked around her room. Everything seemed the same; her laptop was still on her desk, her bed was made, and her closet was open with all of her clothes hanging neatly inside. I walked over to her door and inched it open to peer down the hall. Everything was silent.

I searched every room in the house. The dog, who had been here every time I was, and now she was nowhere to be seen. Did Sophie leave? Where would she have gone? Did I scare her off that much? Did I hurt her and now she didn't want to see me?

I ran my hands through my hair and sat down on the couch, frustrated. I felt tears form in my eyes, but I quickly blinked them away. I wouldn't allow myself to cry anymore. It only reminded me of the pain I felt from the past. I won't cry, because Sophie will be mine, and I will take her away soon. So we could be together. Forever.

All I had to do was find her first.