Chapter 26- Ricky

Chapter 26: Ricky

I slowly got up from the bed, trying not to wake her. I walked out of her room and silently closed the door. It was time to get rid of the one thing that was coming in between us.

I walked out of the front door and down the steps. I opened the garage door and turned the light on. He blinked and looked up at me.

"Where is she?!" he yelled. I walked over to him and placed the cloth over his mouth. He struggled, but he slowly dozed off and his body went limp. I cut off the zip lines on his wrists and grabbed his arms. I dragged him out of the garage and over to the car. I opened the back and lifted him up, shoving him in the backseat. I got into the driver's side, started the car, and drove in the direction of the nearest civilization.

Thirty minutes later, I approached a grocery store parking lot and turned in there. I parked in the furthest row away from the building and got out of the car. I dragged the boy out and left him in the parking lot. I drove away without looking back.

I told Sophie I would keep him safe and drop him off in a public location. I wanted to kill him because I knew she still cared for him. But if I ever disrespected her wishes, she would get sad. I only wanted her to have a happy life with me. I hated when I got mad at her because I'm forced to hurt her. I hate putting her through pain like that, especially if I'm the one causing it.

I arrived back at the beach house and got out of the car. I ran up the stairs and into the house. I walked down the hallway and went into Sophie's room. She was still asleep, so I sat down on the rocking chair and watched her chest rise and fall.

I had gotten rid of the boy, and now we could be together forever.