Chapter 28- Sophie

Chapter 28: Sophie

I woke up on my bed. My hands were tied behind my back and my ankles were tied together. The side of my face throbbed painfully, making me flinch. I tried to slip one of my hands out, but the ropes were too tight. I rolled over on my back and saw Ricky standing in my room, watching me.

"You are going to regret doing that, Sophie," he said. He walked out of the room without another word.

"Damn it," I said to myself. I tried to swing my legs over the bed, but fell over and hit the ground hard. "Ouch..." I mumbled. Ricky ran in and saw me on the floor.

"Stop it, Sophie," he said. He picked me up and threw me on the bed again.

"Please, let me go... I'm sorry," I whispered. "I'll listen, I promise."

He sighed and shook his head. "Not until I'm sure, Sophie," he said, walking out of the room.

I stayed there for three more hours, just lying on the bed, tied up. He came into the room and I turned to look at him.

"Hi..." I whispered.

"Dinner is ready. Will you be good?" he asked, reaching in his pocket and pulling out a knife. I nodded, and he came over to me and cut off the ropes. I sat up and rubbed my wrists. He grabbed my right elbow and led me out of the room and into the kitchen. He pulled out my chair and I sat down. He sat in his seat opposite me and began eating.

I hesitated, not feeling hungry at all. All I wanted was to go home. What did I ever do to deserve this?

"I want to go home," I said, not able to control what came out of my mouth. I didn't look at him, but I knew he was staring at me.

"I thought we went over this, Sophie. This is your home now, with me," he said, sipping his drink.

"I don't want this..." I whispered. I got up from the chair and walked over to the living room. "I'm going to the beach," I said, walking towards the front door.

"What about dinner, Sophie?" he said, getting up from his chair and following me.

"Not hungry," I said, walking out the door. I walked down the steps and sprinted towards the beach. The sun was setting when I got there. I sat down and watched the sun slowly sink beneath the water.

I stayed there until the sky finally went black. Ricky came up behind me and picked me up by my arm, guiding me back to the house. He locked me inside my room and said he would come in later to check on me, which usually meant he would stay with me the rest of the night. I sat on my bed, trying to think of a way I could get out of here. The only way I was sure to get out of here... was to kill him.

An hour later, Ricky came into the room, shirtless. "Hello, my love."

I looked at him for a few seconds and then turned away. "No."

"My dear, you have no choice."

"Yes, I do. And I said no." I felt the blade of the knife under my pillow, making sure I still had it. I saw it on the beach, while I was alone. The knife I almost stabbed him with before. I picked it up and hid it in my shirt when he came to get me.

He walked over to me, and I gripped the handle of the knife. He sat on the bed and rubbed my shoulder. "You have no choice."

"Like hell I do," I said. I pulled out the knife from under my pillow and swiped at him. I made a huge cut along his chest, long and deep. He stumbled off the bed, running into the dresser and falling on the floor. He was bleeding heavily, but he was still conscious. He got to his feet and walked over to me. I jumped off the bed and ran over to the door. I tried to turn the knob, but it was locked. He started to laugh.