Chapter 27- Sophie

Chapter 27: Sophie

I woke up, throbbing in pain again. My window was open, and I could hear the waves hitting the sand down by the beach. I sat up, rubbing my head. I had a major headache and I didn't know why.

I smelled a familiar scent coming from outside of my room. I got up out of bed and went over to the dresser, choosing a white sundress. I put it on, brushed through my hair, and left the room.

I entered the kitchen and saw Ricky at the stove, cooking some eggs, sausage, and bacon. It smelled delicious. He noticed I entered and turned to look at me. He smiled and turned back to the food.

"Good morning, Sophie," he said.

"What happened with Justin?" I asked, standing by the doorway. He turned off the burners and moved the skillets off of the stove, dumping the food onto three separate plates.

"I did what you asked me to do, Sophie. He was not harmed. I left him in a parking lot last night. He'll be fine," he said, picking up the plates and placing them on the table. "Come, it's time to eat."

I walked over to the table and sat down. He put down a plate in front of me, followed by a glass and a fork. "Orange juice?" he asked. I nodded and he filled up my cup with orange juice. He sat in his hair across from me and began filling his plate. I filled my plate halfway and began eating slowly.

"You look lovely today, Sophie," he said.

"Thanks," I mumbled. "Thank you, Ricky, for not harming Justin. That means a lot to me."

He swallowed his food and looked at me. "Of course, my love. I could never stand to see you upset or sad."

"Now what do we do?" I said, nibbling on a piece of bacon.

"We live here for the rest of our lives and be happy," he replied.

"And what if I'm not happy?" I said, looking down at my food. He put his fork down and reached across the table. He grabbed my hand and rubbed it softly.

"You will be, Sophie. We're going to be married soon, and then we can have a family. You will be happy. I promise, my love."

I froze, dropping my fork. Living with my crazy obsessed stalker was one thing, but getting married to him? And having a family with him?! No, this was too much. I couldn't do this anymore. I snapped my head up and looked at him.

"Marry you? Have a family? Are you insane?!" I shouted, pulling my hand from his grasp. He didn't seem to be phased by what I had just said. He only smiled and continued to look at me.

"I know it seems overwhelming right now, but you'll get used to it."

I jumped up from the chair, making it fall on the ground behind me. I ran over to the counter and grabbed a knife from one of the drawers. I turned around and held it up defensively.

"Sophie put the knife down," he said, getting angry.  He got up and I held the knife towards him.

"Let me go home! I don't want you! I don't want this! I'm only seventeen and you expect me to have a kid?" I shouted. He slowly walked over to me and stood inches away from the blade. I tensed up, bracing myself for what he might do. I backed up until my lower back hit the counter. He kept coming closer and closer to me, and I held the knife up, prepared to protect myself.

Out of nowhere, he brought his hand up with lightning speed and knocked the knife out of my hands. I watched as it slid across the floor, fifteen feet away from me. I looked back up at him, and the next thing I knew I was on the floor and he was on top of me, pinning my wrists to the cold tile. He lowered his head next to my ear.

"You will obey me. Or I'll kill you," he said. His voice was filled with anger and frustration.

"I never loved you," I said. "I only said that to protect Justin. I love him," I yelled. That was the first time I had admitted that out loud. I wish I could've told him before Ricky took him away. Now I might not ever see him again.

"No, you love me, Sophie!" he yelled. He dragged me up off of the floor by my arm and dragged me down the hall. He took me into my room, threw me on my bed, and closed the door. I sat up and saw him unbuttoning his shirt. I crawled over to the corner of the bed and hugged my knees.

"You will obey me, Sophie. And you will love me," he said, walking over to me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me across the bed.

"No, no leave me alone! Please, not again! No!" I yelled, trying to pull back. He pulled at my dress, ripping it down the back. "No, get off of me!" I kicked and screamed, but he was much stronger than me. He rolled me over on my back and backhanded me across the face.

"Shut up, Sophie! You will love me!" he yelled. He tore the top front part of my dress down, breaking all of the buttons, and I covered up my chest. I still had a bra on, but it was way too revealing.

"No, leave me alone, please!" I whimpered.

"Not until you know who the real boss is, Sophie!" he said, yanking my arms away and pinning them on the bed.

I brought my knee up between his legs hard. He grunted and fell to the side. I got up and ran out of the room and into the kitchen. I grabbed the knife that was on the floor. I heard him coming from the hallway and I ran into the living room. I unlocked the front door and ran outside. I ran down the steps and in the direction of the beach.

"Sophie, get back here!" I heard him call. I didn't dare look behind me; I just kept running towards the beach. When I made it to the sand, it made it harder to run. I went to the left and kept running. I fell when something big and bulky tackled me, hitting the ground hard. The knife slipped from my hands and flew five yards away from me. I was turned over and looked up to see Ricky on top of me.

"Get off of me!" I yelled, beginning to cry. The last thing I saw was his fist colliding with the side of my face, and then everything went black.