Chapter 20 - Sophie

Chapter 20: Sophie

"Bye mom," I said as she climbed into her car.

"Bye honey. Be safe, okay?" she said from her window.

"Okay, bye," I said, waving and putting on a fake smile. When she finally pulled out of the driveway and drove down the street, my smile disappeared. I turned and walked back inside the house. My phone vibrated as I locked the door. I took it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. I had one new message from Zoey. I opened it and read the message:

'Hey, let's go shopping tonight. We haven't had a girl's night in forever!'

I smiled and replied:

'Okay! When do you want to meet up?'

About two minutes later, she replied:

'How about six?'

I looked at the clock, which read five-twenty. I texted back:

'Sounds good. Where?'

I got up and went to my room. I opened my closet and took out a dark green tank top with some faded blue jeans. I stripped out of my clothes and put them on. My phone vibrated again. I picked it up and read the message:

'I heard there is a great sale at Victoria's Secret. Let's go there.'

Victoria's Secret? It would be nice to go out. I haven't been shopping with Zoey in two years. We needed a night out. I texted back:

'Sure. See you at six!'

I closed my phone and put it in my pocket. I grabbed my keys and wallet off of my dresser and walked out of my room. I walked towards the front door, saying bye to Naomi, and walked outside.

When I got to Victoria's Secret, I saw Zoey waiting under the awning. I parked and got out to go hug her.

"Hey, Zoey!" I said, giving her a huge hug.

"Hey Soph, let's have some fun, okay?" she said, a mischievous grin creeping up on her face.  I laughed and followed her inside. We went straight over to the bras and panties. I immediately fell in love with a black and white French lace bra and panty set. I told Zoey I was going to try it on and headed into the dressing rooms.

I closed the curtain and a woman came by, asking if I needed any help. I told her no thank you and stripped off my clothes. I put on the bra and posed in the mirror. I really liked it, so I decided to get it. I looked at the price tag and decided I could afford it. I looked back at the mirror and gasped.

He was behind me. In the dressing room. While I was in a bra. I tried to scream, but he covered my mouth with his hand. He pushed me up against the wall then looked into my eyes.

"You look so beautiful, Sophie. I'm sorry for what I did in the parking lot. I never mean to scare or hurt you. I just need you, Sophie. I can't wait any longer," he said, not even bothering to hide the desperation in his voice. I tried to get out of his grasp. I needed to get away.

I saw him roll his eyes and remove his hand from my mouth. I got ready to scream until he crushed his lips to mine. I stood there, frozen. He was kissing me, and I was just standing there. I tried to pull away, but he had me up against the dressing room wall, one arm around me and another one cradling my cheek.

I finally freed one of my arms and tried to push his face off of mine. He backed up and I gasped for breath. I held up my hand to slap him, but he caught it and pinned it up against the wall.

"Sophie..." he whispered, nuzzling my neck.

"Get off of me!" I yelled, trying to get free.

"Sophie, are you okay?" I heard Zoey's voice on the other side of the curtain. "Sophie?"

He put his hand on my throat, beginning to squeeze. I was starting to lose my breath, not being able to breathe.

"Tell her you're okay. Or I'll kill her."

He loosened his grip on my neck, and I let out a sigh, gasping for air. I looked up at him, who raised his eyebrows. The desperation was growing in his eyes. I was growing more afraid each second he was in here.

"I... yeah, I'm okay, Zo. It's just not the right size. Can you get me another one?" I said, trying to be as reassuring as possible.

"Okay, I'll go and get that purple and cream one, too. I want to see you in it," she said. I heard her walk away, and looked up at him again. He looked relieved.

"Now I'm going to take you away with me, and we will be together forever," he said, looking like he was about to cry with happiness.

"What? What the hell are you talking about? I'm not going anywhere with you!" I whispered loudly. I grabbed my shirt to put it on, but he took it from me. "Hey, give it back!"

"No, my beautiful Sophie. You look beautiful just like this," he said, stroking my shoulders. His touch to my skin gave me goosebumps all over. His eyes wandered down to my chest, and I could see the desire in his eyes grow.

I balled up to my fist, ready to land a blow on the side of his head that would stall him long enough for me to get away. I lifted up my fist, aiming for his nose, but he grabbed my hand and brought my fist to his lips, kissing my knuckles.

"Let me-" I was cut off by him kissing me again. I tried to resist as much as I could. His tight grips on my wrists were hurting me, and the intensity of the kiss was making my lips ache. I turned my head to the side, gasping for air.

"Please stop, you're hurting me..." I whispered, starting to cry. "Please, just stop..."

He smiled down at me. "It's time to go, Sophie," he said. He placed a cloth over my mouth, and I struggled, trying not to breathe anything in. He covered my nose with the cloth, and I tried to break away from his grip. I felt myself growing weaker and weaker. My eyelids fluttered, and the last thing I remember is tumbling to the floor, staring at the blurry rose-red carpet.