Chapter 24- Sophie

Chapter 24: Sophie

I awoke to a gentle hand stroking my cheek, asking me to wake up.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked at the person who woke me up and started to panic. Then I remembered what I had to do to stay alive and keep Justin alive.

"Dinner is ready," Ricky spoke softly into my ear, giving me goosebumps- and not the good kind.

"Okay," I mumbled, stumbling out of bed. He held my arm and guided me out of the room, down the hallway, and into the kitchen. On the far side of the kitchen was a dark wood table with two chairs on opposite sides. Two plates with spaghetti were on the table, and two glasses of wine. He sat me down and went to his own seat.

"Shall we?" he asked, beginning to eat. I picked up my fork and twirled some onto my fork, and finally putting it into my mouth. I didn't realize how hungry I was until that first bite of spaghetti. I hate a few more bites and took a sip of wine. I t was deadly silent. All you could hear was the silver wear colliding with the glass plates after every bite.

"Does Justin get food?" I asked, breaking the silence. He put his fork down and looked at me.

"Do you want him to have food, Sophie?" he asked me.

"Yes," I whispered. "I may be yours, but he still means a lot to me. Can't you respect that?"

He nodded. "I will allow you to feed him. But you are not allowed to visit him without me there, do you understand?"

"Okay."

We finished dinner and I got a bowl and glass of water ready for Justin. He walked me down the stairs and into the garage. He turned on the light and I almost dropped everything just to run up and hug him.

"Sophie," he whispered.

"I brought you some food. Ricky was kind enough to let me take care of you," I said. To make it seem more convincing, I smiled over at him. He smiled back and nodded towards Justin, as if saying 'hurry and get it over with'.

I fed him the whole bowl of spaghetti and he drank all of the water in five minutes.

"Thank you, Sophie," he said. I nodded and then handed the bowl and cup to Ricky. I turned back to Justin. I mouthed, 'I'm going to get us out of here'. He seemed to understand and he nodded. I got up and walked back over to Ricky.

"Let's go," I said. We both walked back into the house, and I went straight to my room. I laid down on my bed and stared out the window, watching the sunset.

I heard Ricky come in behind me and he sat on the bed next to me. "Thank you," I whispered.

"For what, my love?" he asked, slowly running his finger from my shoulder to my lower thigh. It sent shivers up and down my back every time he touched me.

"For keeping Justin alive," I answered.

"My dear Sophie," he said, sliding his hand across my stomach. "It is our special night tonight. Your first night here. He was merely a gift from me to you. His life for you."

My eyes widened. He couldn't mean... sex, could he? I couldn't have sex! I'm only seventeen! I'm not even a legal adult yet! I turned around to face him, eyes narrowed.

"You can't mean..."

"It's you or his life, Sophie."

I began to cry for the fifth time today. Tears slid down my cheeks. I didn't want this. I never wanted this. Justin would kill himself if he ever found out. It was me or Justin's life.

"No, please..." I whispered, facing the window again. More tears slid down my cheeks as he continued to slowly run his finger from my shoulder to my lower thigh.

"It's you, or his life," he whispered in my ear. "I'll give you until the sun sets to decide." He kissed my head and got up then walked out of the room. I cried into my pillow. It was me, or Justin's life.