Chapter 30: The day the rodents rose up.

As Klara's feet felt the soft wisp's of grass tickled them again, she woke.

She hadn't planned of sleeping, but flying was only exhilarating for so long before it became as mundane as walking.

She adjusted herself and stretched, looking around for the Skeleton.

She found him back in his original form without a single ounce of flame to be found on his bare bones.

He was staring intently towards Shiar and, more specifically, the Crown.

''Well, shall we?'' Klara asked.

The Skeleton daren't loom away, but he did grab her by the arm and pulled her in front of him.

''I can't go in there. Even from here, I can feel their...'' His bones rattle about, as he stays focused on the city. ''...If I go in there, Klara, I don't know what I'll do. What we need now, is you. Show the king the scrolls. Let him see that the rodents are not the enemy. Tell him that, if he needs to blame someone, to blame me, not them. Tell him to let them go.

Then, when all is said and done, Klara, go and find happiness.'' The Skeleton clasps both his bony paws around hers and moves his head downward so that he was looking at her.

''You deserve it, bush guard. Your duty will be done.''

Klara didn't know what to say. They hadn't been together very long, but they'd been open with one another the whole time.

She felt she knew that, deep down inside, the Skeleton was so much more than his bones suggested.

''I hope that what I do brings you rest.'' She whispered before pulling the Skeleton into a hug. She held him for a few moments before letting him go and, without another word, put on her mask and strutted towards Shiar.

''Goodbye my sweet Klara. Forgive me.''

Once the guards saw her mask, they sent out a 'welcoming comity' that was peculiarly well armed, but once she proved her identity they all but carried her to the Crown.

As she was pulled along the roads of Shair, she noticed the absence of anything other than rabbits along its streets.

Sure, the markets, houses and roads seemed to be full, but they were full of an almost boring congregation of ordinary rabbits.

The Crown and the Chair took her breath away.

''How is it do BIG?'' She asked the guards. She got no reply.

In through the Crown's doors she went and, before she knew she was doing it, she stood before the king and queen who were intertwined on the throne.

''Well, this is a surprise.'' Alexander said.

''You're telling me.'' Replied Klara.

Alexander whispered to Maisie and she unraveled herself from around him and watched intently as he made his way down the stairs to Kalra.

''I'm sure there's a reason for the delay, but you know what, I'm just thrilled that you're here.'' Alexander said, his arms adding motions to his words.

''But, tell me, why are you here?''

''My quartermaster documented the last few hours of the bush and, well...'' She pulled the sack around her body and, lifting the strap off her shoulder, handed it to Alexander.

It hadn't been that heavy, but now she felt that an awesome weight had been lifted from her person.

''Ahh, good. I'm sure with this we'll be able to help us identified this supposed rodent rebellion leader.'' Alexander took the sac and searched it as he talked.