Chapter 38: End times.

Alexander spat out blood onto the cold harsh stone floor below him.

Stephanie had gaged Maisie after a few minutes of her screaming had almost deafened them all.

Now, Jasper was pacing around the room.

''I did not think it was going to be that easy.'' He said.

''He got cocky and we got lucky.'' Stephanie interjected. ''Now, finish it already.''

''As you say, darling.'' Jasper crouched in front of Alexander and snapped his fingers. ''Hey. Up here.''

Alexander could feel his strength returning to him, but moving was still a burden for him.

Jasper grabbed Alexanders jaw and brought his face upwards.

''I want you to know that this isn't personal. Sorry.'' Jasper stood up and let Alexanders head dangle downwards once again whilst he decided on how to dispatch him. ''If it's any consolation, your Mrs will live.''

Alexander thanked his stars for that.

''THIS SHIRT IS NO MACHINE WASHABLE!'' Barry cried as his son bit at the sheep.

They'd been in pursuit for a while now, but the gap was closing. His boarding party had failed to stop the sheep's advance so now they were treading on the very outskirts of Shiar's lower wall. Below him, Barry could hear the sound of fighting. He peered over the edge and saw white and black dots racing around. There was an awful lot more black than there was white, but as they ducked into buildings and under objects the exact ratio was extractable.

Barry pressed on with his own endeavor: the sheep.

It had slowed down momentarily as it got close to Shiar, carefully minding it's steps.

''FREE FACELIFTS!'' He shouted to his son.

Bear understood the order and, racing round the side of the sheep, struck it as hard as it could in its face.

The sheep's head reeled up as it tried to regain some sense of stability.

Figured flew from it's head towards the Chair.

Barry didn't watch them fall, but he marveled at just how high some of them had flown. He wouldn't have been surprised if one of them actually landed on the damn Chair.

''CLOSING TIME!'' Barry screamed in delight, rubbing his nipples as he did so.

A shard of silver flew through the air and struck Jasper in the shoulder. Then three more followed, two now resting in either shoulder. Then three more landed in either shoulder.

A naked Krios with only a belt of knives around his toreso tackled the cat with all the force he could muster and the two fell on the far side of the room.

Maisie stamped on Stephanie's talon but the bird tightened her grip.

''Bitch!'' She exclaimed as the pain shot through her body. ''I'll teach you for that.''

Maisie struggled continually then, hoping that, if she could break free, the day might still be won.

''Do you want to be shot?'' Stephanie threatened, pushing the tip of the loaded bolt against Maisie's forehead.

Krios was smacked off of Jasper and the cat jumped up and pulled the silver knives from his shoulders as quickly as he could. The wounds weren't deep, but he was bleeding badly now.

Jasper pulled out the golden chain and spike from his waist.

Meanwhile, Krios had taken a moment to observe the situation.