Chapter 39: Death of the dream.

The golden beams of the first tower bent and brought down a shower of stone atop the city. From falling so far, each stone broke through the walls they found and shot thought them with ease.

Some of the beams managed to stay upright, but the majority fell into streets and atop houses. One slid through the city and speared itself halfway through the wall that surrounded Shair.

The second towers blade like design stayed intact as it fell, but it did fall. It sliced into the earth below a row of estates and became firmly stuck within it.

The flowery decals of the third tower were lost when it fell atop itself and created a cloud of dust that engulfed the city.

Names from Kings and Queens of the city descended on their people and became lost amongst the sea of stone from both the tower and the houses it demolished.

The room from the fifth tower detached itself from it's tower as it came apart and rolled down across bungalow and markets before it smashed through the wall of the city and continued across the field, destroying all in it's wake.

Sussan wool cushioned the fall of the sixth tower, keeping it mostly intact. The water that ran from it stopped running and instead began to flow down the hill from where the base of the tower had been.

It became muddied and was sun unrecognizable as water.

Lockets from the seventh tower scattered across the city as the tower itself collapsed in on itself and created a mound of rubble atop the Crowns western wall.

The eighth towers needles found themselves lodged inside many a thing and kept stuck in them, but not the tower. The further it fell, the more marks its needles found.

Characters from the first tale slammed against the courtyard of the Crown and quickly became as buried in rubble as they would become in the clutter of time.

Demons descended on Shiar as the tenth tower flew. Children screamed as they saw stone figures obliterate their neighbors lives.

Alexander was halfway out the room when saw Krios breathing. The rabbit was out, but not quite dead yet.

''WAKE UP!'' He commanded. Krios didn't reply. With time, Alexander could drag them both down the stairs and, perhaps, they could survive the devastation of the Crown in some underground escape.

But Alexander did not have time.

Even as he decided what to do, the twentieth tower fell sideways and then halted. He slid and hit the side of the doorframe whilst Krioses body was launched into the wreckage of the bed.

There was no time.

Alexander began to make his way down the stairs.

As the beams split apart on the eleventh tower, the contents of its room fell to the city below. The beams were unable to support themselves, so they buckled and slid and broke amongst and in the city.

The rainbows from the twelfth tower moved menacingly as they became more and more intense before suddenly coming undone as the prisms they came from shattered across the rooftops and showered shattered glass across the streets of Shair.

After years of mystery, the thirteenth tower showed its contents to the world. The sweaty leather garments and rubber contraptions would mostly fall under the rubble of other towers, but some were bound to survive to horrify and confuse other.

Some would say that the faces on the fourteenth tower screamed as it fell, but even if they had, they would have been lost amongst the already scream saturated sound of the moment.