Chapter 14 [ The beast within ]

"Why do all the best people die ? "

"Because, when you are in a garden which flowers do you pick ?"

"The most beautiful ones "

"Exactly "

~ Unknown

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Angel, Angel wake up! " I hear a familiar voice say as they shake me gently, trying to wake me.

"Are you okay? " The voice asked once I sat up from the ground.

I mumble a quick yes and try to open my eyes, they slowly adjust to the daylight and connect to Will's alluring green eyes.

"What happened? " I ask confused.

" I don't know, I came to tell you something and found you like this " he replied softly.

I try to stand up, but pain instantly shoots to my head and I groan as I nearly fall back to the floor, but Will quickly catches me before then I fall to the ground.

We stare at each other for a moment. I open my mouth to say something but can not think of anything to say so I shut it again.

We hear a throat being cleared and snap our attention to an uncomfortable looking Hunter.

I take Will's hands off me so that I sit on the bed, he steps back and looks at the hunter.

"What's wrong? " He asks, annoyed.

"The elder is here" Hunter announces. Will nods dismissing Hunter then turns to me.

He scratches the back of his head " go and change, I'll wait here for you" he says softly.

"Thanks" I mutter before walking off.

I go to the bathroom and change, brush my teeth and apply some make up.

"Ready? " He asks me once I walk out the bathroom door,

I nod in reply.

"Let's go then, " he grabs my hand and electricity shoots through my entire body, I instantly pull my hand out of his grasp in shock, hurt flashed through his eyes.

"Sorry, I forgot, " he said still looking hurt.

"It's fine, lets go" I reply softly feeling guilty.

Why should you feel guilty?

He's the one that rejected you?

I shake my head, trying to get the thoughts out of my mind.

We walk towards the main building and see the two packs waiting for us.

I stop and stand next to my friends once I spot them, but Will continues to walk to the front where his family is, he greets the elder and the elder greets him.

"Okay everyone, here is an Elder, Jeremiah, he will walk around the territory and when he returns he will tell us what is happening. Are you ready? " He asks the elder.

"Yes" the elder replies and starts walking off with us trying to catch up.

"Geez, for an old man, he sure can walk fast" Chase mutters to us.

"I'm not that old, I'm the youngest elder in America " the elder says without turning around.

Our eyes widen in shock.