Chapter 16 [ Crazy?]

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

~ Henry ford

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's happening to me?

Am I going crazy?

Did I imagine it all yesterday?

Why is this happe-

"Angel! " I hear someone shout my name.

I stop walking and spin around and see Macey looking at me with concerned and worry.

"Yeah? " I ask her as she finally reaches me.

" Are you okay? I'v been shouting your name for ages and you didn't answer"

"Sorry, I was just.... Thinking" I mumble, glancing away.

"Okay, well do you wanna go and grab some lunch?"

"Yeah, sure, " I smile at her.

"You look nice today, you face is really glowing and it makes your eyes stand out" she complements suddenly.

I smile and thank her as She links her arm with mine and together we walk to the canteen and grab a tray, fill our plates with food and sit on a bench.

Just as I bring the food to my mouth someone starts to shout.

"There you are! " We turn around to find a panting Sapphire and Claire.

"What's wrong? " Macey asked, raising a brow.

"Guys, we have to go! " Claire exclaims, ignoring Macey and grabs my hand, dragging me to my feet.

"Where? " I ask confused.

"The gang, Nick, Hunter, dad, Will and his family are going to the elders institution to tell them about elder Jeremiah and to ask them what we should do to find the 'beast' " she emphasised the word.

"Okay.... How far is it? " I reply slowly while my mind still digests her words.

"Not long. Fifteen hours away, " she blurts when she receives my glare.

I groan, dammit, I hate long road trips.

~

Twenty one hours and forty five minutes of the grocery game, rock paper scissors, are we there yet? And I spy later we reached the institution.

Twenty one hours and forty five minutes?

Wasn't it supposed to be fifteen hours? Is that what you are thinking?

Well, let me tell you why it took longer.

After five stops for Starbucks, two for MacDonald, six stops at the gas station and three for the bathroom, it took us six hours more and it was complete hell.

And since there were sixteen of us, we took two black Lincoln navigators.

The gang and I in one. And dad, Nick, Will and his family in the other.

"Finally! " I exclaim, bending down and pretending to kiss the floor.

"It wasn't that bad" grumbled Brandon as he climbed out of the van.

I glared at him.

" At least you weren't sitting between a snoring Chase and farting Luke. "

"Good point, I was sitting with my beautiful mate" he glances at Claire in adoration.